Payment not received from my Bank Account to PayPal account

clairew77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have transferred money from my bank account to my PayPal account. My Bank has confirmed they have sent the payment and it has been received by PayPal. It should have been received into my PayPal account within minutes by faster payment. It has still not been received over 12 hours later. Is this normal for PayPal to delay crediting the PayPal account? I assume it is sitting in a PayPal holding account. Can it take up to 48 hours? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clairew77 

Just because the funds have left the bank, does not mean that the funds are already in your PayPal account as the bank does not notify PayPal the funds have left, just that bank have processed your direct deposit to PayPal. The reverse is the same when withdrawing PayPal funds to your bank account. Additional time must be allowed for PayPal to post since these transactions are done in batches and have to go through bank interchanges and clearing houses. The clock start when the funds have left your bank, til when PayPal posts it to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/when-will-money-from-my-bank-reach-my-paypal-balance-faq...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clairew77 

Just because the funds have left the bank, does not mean that the funds are already in your PayPal account as the bank does not notify PayPal the funds have left, just that bank have processed your direct deposit to PayPal. The reverse is the same when withdrawing PayPal funds to your bank account. Additional time must be allowed for PayPal to post since these transactions are done in batches and have to go through bank interchanges and clearing houses. The clock start when the funds have left your bank, til when PayPal posts it to your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/when-will-money-from-my-bank-reach-my-paypal-balance-faq...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

clairew77
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, understood this can of course be the case in some circumstances re clearing. However my Bank confirmed it was sent by Faster Payment and should have arrived in a few minutes which I find to normally be the case with any other Faster Payments I make (as per the link 'If you moved the money yourself, by sending money from your own bank account to your PayPal account, the money will usually be available within a few minutes.') which has led to the concern. If I send money from my PayPal account to my bank account it is received straight away. All PayPal have told me over and over again is that there is no record of the payment and told me to phone my Bank who have confirmed that the payment has credited PayPal, not just left my account ... I can only assume it is in a PayPal holding account... 

Login to Me Too

clairew77
Contributor
Contributor

Can anybody help. I am at my wits end. My bank has confirmed more than once that my transfer has successfully been sent by Faster Payment.  There is an absolutely no reason for it not crediting my PayPal account in minutes, this is now five days later...  The advisor at PayPal claimed a trace had been put on the payment not received from my Bank Account to my PayPal account and that they would be back in touch. This was Saturday and I have heard nothing. My Bank has kindly sent a print of the payment details in the post as further proof with the Settlement Cycle ID etc  not that I should require this for PayPal to investigate. I can't get any professional response from PayPal, there does not seem to be a payments investigations team. 

Login to Me Too

Veryconcerned
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Did you get any resolution? Same thing has happened to me. I transferred £80 in a faster payment and it did not show up. My bank has confirmed it was payed to paypal and they are saying there was no transaction. Now they have said it will take 72 hours to investigate. That is after 3 different people said there had been no transfer!! My bank have supplied a faster payment ID which they received from paypal to prove the funds were sent. It is very shoddy service altogether and honestly makes me want to close down my account as it cannot clearly be trusted!!

Login to Me Too

clairew77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

The funds mysteriously appeared 7 days later when I called again and said I was escalating to their Luxembourg regulator Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF). I got nowhere on all my previous calls told the same thing as yourself, never got a call back and was assured my complaint had been escalated and I would hear back. Never heard a thing. I will never transfer funds to Paypal again or use my Paypal account to make purchases. I probably will still make a complaint to the CSSF when I have the time because they quite clearly are not being compliant in respect of inward Faster Payments, their customer service is appalling and their complaint handling is not compliant either.. I work for a bank and it was infuriating to be told misinformation about when the funds would credit the account which I know for a fact was not correct. Try phoning again and tell them you will escalate to CSSF. 

@Veryconcerned @sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

Veryconcerned
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thanks so much for sharing that information. I called again yesterday and was told it was not yet 48 hours. Its utterly shocking that they are so lazy about getting on it. It is almost as 'though this happens all of the time! I will be threatening the same as you which seemed to work for you and like you I am then going to close the account and move the funds I have. If I call my bank because of a problem they deal with it immediately. Very disturbing as it could have been a much larger amount! I really appreciate your response. I will keep you posted....just because. 

Tina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.