Payment in hold despite being completed

Tony1986
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have received a payment, it was placed on hold. I accepted, I marked as completed, the person sending the payment completed payment it their side for which I've seen proof. But PayPal is still holding my money. This is the second time in 2 weeks they have done this. The first time I was instructed to follow the above steps and money was released. Why are they holding into my money?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Tony1986
Contributor
Contributor
Now been waiting in live chat for 12 hours. Cannot contact paypal by phone. I get hung up on as soon as I get transferred from automated service to a agent.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Tony1986
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not a new seller, my account activity hasnt changed, this is not an unusual payment. The buyer has confirmed they have received the service. Never had a dispute or reversal. Over 24 hours on hold in live chat. Still canceling my calls once connected to a live agent. I've done everything correctly, buyer has confirmed so their end via. I understand that given the current situation paypal will be under pressure with call volumes and reduced staff. But they are lying in live chat, hanging up hhe phone when you try contact them. Quite frankly this is a joke and thoroughly unfair to a honest regular paypal user at a time when many are having to resort to online methods to feed their families. I'm not new, never had any disputes. I highly recommend anyone who is using paypal to recieve money as an emergency in the current environment to think very carefully before doing so. They are out right lying about waiting times and penalizing account holders who have never once had an issue or done anything wrong.
Login to Me Too

Tony1986
Contributor
Contributor

now 2 days of zero contact despite then stating "a few hours" to reply in live chat. 

again i strongly advice anyone reading this not to use paypal. they are holding funds from long tim customers with zero issues on accounts and there is no way to talk to them at all to resolve the issue.

disgusted with this.

Login to Me Too

Tony1986
Contributor
Contributor
Update! After waiting nearly 3 days in live chat for a pending payment that has been completed by the buyer as they are happy and had have recieved what they paid for. A customer service agent did reply, waited 2 minutes then closed my chat. So not only can you not contact PayPal by phone atm. But you will be left waiting in live chat for 3 days, if you are not staring at your phone the second they reply they will close your live chat and ask you to open a other. When you go to open another chat you find out this is now only open during day hours. So you will open a live chat (the only way to contact PayPal atm), be told you will wait a few hours, instead wait 3 days and then have your chat closed the minute you dont reply within a couple minutes. DO NOT USE PAYPAL AT THE MOMENT FUR ANYTHING LIKE A EMERGENCY AS THEY WILL LIKELY HOLD YOUR MONEY WITH NO WAY OF YOU RESOLVING THE MATTER! At a time like this when people are relying on online work to feed their families this is beyond disgusting. Im a good seller, not 1 dispute ever, account in good order, payments of this kind are not unusual. I'm shocked beyond belief that a online bank like PayPal can treat good proactive sellers like me is such a terrible manner at a time like now with everything so uncertain in the world. They lied repeatedly, hung up calls, cancled chats. STAY AWAY FROM PAYPAL!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.