Payment holding for too long

Kanani83
New Community Member

A friend of mine was kind enough to send me some money to try to help me with the internet bill. It'd been on hold since the 18th, I specifically wanted it within 24 hours, the only help i got was to click on "confirm receipt" from the paypal assistant, and there is no button or link or anything to do this

all I can do is either refund the payment or change the tracking info, which I don't know why there should be tracking info to begin with since my friend has sent me money before and it's never been on hold, he's even sent me the same amount in the past and it's never been on hold, there's no reason for it to be on hold, it should not be on hold, I don't want it to be on hold.

With Paypal still holding that money i'm basically being held hostage from preventing my internet being shut off for no reason, i want my money, i need help, please help me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kanani83 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kanani83 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to an account.

1. If sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see the recipient as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge a fee.

2. If sent using the send money > family / friends option then the recipient would have the payment instantly (as long as it wasn't an echeque pending with a clearance date) with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.