Payment from childcare hasn't reached my paypal account

Mallika
Contributor
Contributor

I have a childcare account and I withdrew money from that account giving the sort code and account number found on my wallet tab.

The account from which I withdrew the money has been debited but Paypal says they never received the money at their end. What do I do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mallika 

Are you withdrawing funds from a third party website where you earn funds from childcare services to PayPal? Or are you adding money to PayPal from a bank account? Is this childcare account a bank account?

I have never heard of method giving the sort code and account number found on the Wallet page to transfer money from a childcare account to PayPal in the UK.

This is how you add money to PayPal balance:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-balance-faq1348

If you're getting paid from a third party site, you have to link your paypal account to the third party website in their account or payment settings.

Otherwise, it's English I am reading but it's not making sense to me.  🤔

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mallika
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thank you Sharpiemarker for your time and explanation which probably I should have seeked prior to doing this goof up!

You are putting the correct words to my question.

This childcare account is a third party which is not a bank account (So basically for every £100 I put into this account the government pays 20% towards the cost of childcare). So I had overpayed into the account and wanted to withdraw the money.

Instead of paying the money into my bank account, I wanted to transfer the amount into paypal so I went and digged for a sort code and account number for Paypal which I found in the wallet section.

So I used the sort code, account number for Paypal (found in the wallet section) and entered those details in the transfer section of the third party (childcare account) so the money has disappeared from childcare account but not got into my paypal account.

My understanding was the sort code and account number in the wallet section of my paypal account is unique to my account (similar to what happens for a normal bank account).

What do I do???

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Mallika
Contributor
Contributor

Its been a year and I cannot still trace the payment! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Mallika

Oh, no! Sorry for the confusion. 😞 

PayPal doesn't currently offer sort code and account numbers for users. I wouldn't know where that money would be going. I would recommend reaching out to this website to see if they can have the money reversed. If they can't, you would either need to wait for the money to come back on its own or reach out to the bank that owns the sort code that you used. You can usually put sort codes into an online search engine to see who owns it. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.