Payment for this transaction on hold

jallifes
New Community Member

Hi PayPal Community,

I recently received a payment for services I rendered to an individual and this was the message I got.

We've placed the payment for this transaction on hold because we believe this transaction may involve a higher than usual risk. Providing no issues arise between you and the buyer the funds will be released in the morning of Nov 16, 2018.

Want your payment sooner? Here's what you can do to speed things up:

• If you used a supported carrier, provide a valid tracking number. Your payment will then be available within 1 day of the tracking status showing as delivered by the courier.
  • Your buyers will receive an email after you upload the tracking information and will have the ability to confirm they received the item as you described. The payment will be released immediately after the buyer confirms.

Now, I did not sell anything to anyone, only rendered a service, thus I can in now way come up with a tracking number. How do I go about this in order to speed up the availability of the funds?

Regards,

Brian <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jallifes wrote:

Hi PayPal Community,

I recently received a payment for services I rendered to an individual and this was the message I got.

We've placed the payment for this transaction on hold because we believe this transaction may involve a higher than usual risk. Providing no issues arise between you and the buyer the funds will be released in the morning of Nov 16, 2018.

Want your payment sooner? Here's what you can do to speed things up:

• If you used a supported carrier, provide a valid tracking number. Your payment will then be available within 1 day of the tracking status showing as delivered by the courier.
  • Your buyers will receive an email after you upload the tracking information and will have the ability to confirm they received the item as you described. The payment will be released immediately after the buyer confirms.

Now, I did not sell anything to anyone, only rendered a service, thus I can in now way come up with a tracking number. How do I go about this in order to speed up the availability of the funds?

Regards,

Brian Obara

If you cannot provide tracking number, there should be a way to mark the payment transaction “processed” or “services rendered” on your end and then instruct your client to mark the payment transaction on their end as received. Next time, instruct the clients to select “no address needed” in the mailing address drop down menu when sending goods and services payment so you do not need to give tracking number if you performed a service to release your money sooner.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.