Payment completed! But Money on hold for the receiver ?

AyouB112

Hello PayPal,
I have bought yesterday a couching course from a man here in Morocco, And I sent him a payment using PayPal.
I can see that the payment is sent, but that man didn't get the money, it's in hold ?!
the man did contacted PayPal and said that the problem is from me, I don't know what's the problem.
Please help me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AyouB112 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
They are supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then their funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 3 days. If its a service then they may get the payment sooner if you have the option to mark it as received in your paypal account, if not then they have to wait 21 days.

They are at no more risk now than if they had the funds in their bank account. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund buyers in the event of a dispute. If that happens Paypal refund the buyer under buyer protection and Paypal would then limit the sellers account and chase them to pay those funds back to Paypal.
Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item/service' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AyouB112

I actually had received the item, But I have no way to mark it as received, Everything in my account transaction seems to be fine, the Payment is completed and the money are sent.

But in the recipient account seemed to be on hold and they can't use or withdraw it.

I don't know if the problem is from my account or his !

ONHOLD.PNG

@kernowlass wrote:

@AyouB112 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
They are supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then their funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 3 days. If its a service then they may get the payment sooner if you have the option to mark it as received in your paypal account, if not then they have to wait 21 days.

They are at no more risk now than if they had the funds in their bank account. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund buyers in the event of a dispute. If that happens Paypal refund the buyer under buyer protection and Paypal would then limit the sellers account and chase them to pay those funds back to Paypal.
Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item/service' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AyouB112 

Read lines 4/5/6/ again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.