Payment, bank account, transfer, missing, instant

BZRK116
One of my friends used PayPal to transfer a payment of $150 to me. We've transferred money to each other multiple times in the past, and the transactions always went through instantaneously. But with this transaction, the money has left the friend's bank account, my PayPal app says the money has been received, but it hasn't arrived in my bank account nearly 48 hours later. Again, transactions have always been instantly gratified until now. Why have I not recieved the money? This is very inconvenient. Am I the only one having this problem?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you want the money in your bank account,you need to make the transfer from your Paypal account to your bank account,unless I am missing something,this is not automatic.

if you want the transfer faster,use a bank issued debit card,fee applies

Login to Me Too

BZRK116
In the past, any transfer was immediate. My PayPal notifies me that I have a payment, I recieve it, and it goes into my bank account. It's not doing it this time, and I don't know why.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BZRK116,

I'm sorry for any confusion. If you've received a payment, @Teslafan101 is correct - it would need to be withdrawn to be sent to your bank account. If the funds are in your available balance, you can withdraw them to have them transferred to your bank. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BZRK116,

I did think of another possibility. If your account is not a balance account, funds would be transferred directly to your bank or debit card that is linked. I apologize for overlooking that.

If your transaction history shows the received payment, please allow 3-5 business days if it has been transferred to a bank account. Transfers to debit cards are more rapid. If the funds do not appear after 14 days, you can contact customer service to request that the money be traced.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Eric448
Contributor
Contributor
That’s not what he’s asking. I use to be able to instant pay people with my checking account for free. Now all of a sudden it takes multiple days and the only way to instant transfer is for a fee with my debit card
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.