Payment Wrong

amtc
Contributor
Contributor
First of all sorry for my bad english. I've done a huge mistake to be precise, I will summarize the story. First of all, I've ordered some shoes from an website and payed via paypal. But they didn't really give me informations on which email i had to send the money. So I send the money (130$) to the customer service email, and paypal has also shown me an account which had the same email as the customer service from the site so I accepted it an send the money. Later on after checking, I've recognized that it somehow another email which wasn't the email in the beginning. You know i'm a student and struggling with money, I really need your help thanks in advance. Btw the person to which I've send the money doesn't reply
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amtc

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.
4. Pending / Uncleared.
5. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amtc
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass It only says "money" send and I don't think that there is any cancel option. I guess my money is gone 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @amtc,

Thank you for your post! If there is not a cancel option but the payment is listed as unclaimed, the payment will be returned to you in 30 days as long as it is not claimed in that time. If the email address that you sent the payment to is associated with an existing PayPal account, the funds would not be returned unless that person initiated a refund. However, if the payment was sent as a Goods and Services payment, you can open a dispute for Item Not Received.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.