Payment Pending - Item Acknowledged As Delivered But Funds Held Based On Distance?

LeeBMC
New Community Member

Hi,

I very recently sold an item on eBay, I dispatched the item the same day with a tracker number etc. that I provided the buyer and PayPal with. It was delivered the next day and the buyer was happy with the purchase.

It says on PayPal "You have successfully updated the shipping information. You'll get your money within 1 day of delivery." - Great! I should get my fund released soon then. Nope.

I contacted support and they said they are aware the item is marked as delivered - but because the parcel was delivered over 10 miles away, I'd have to get the buyer to mark it as received through PayPal for my funds to become available.

I'd understand if I sent the parcel hundreds of miles or internationally but I literally sent it around 25 miles across the U.K. Why is this a thing when the tracker has marked it as delivered and it even states I'll get the funds 1 day after it's been marked as delivered?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeeBMC 

There talking rubbish, no where does it state that.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq3743

Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of our supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after we can confirm the delivery date.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeeBMC
New Community Member

It was sent via. Royal Mail 1st Class, tracker was provided and accepted and they even said in their reply that it has indeed been delivered (Sent from Liverpool to Manchester). What should I do next then?

Here is an exact copy-paste of what I've been told:

"Upon checking the status of shipping, it appears that the item was already delivered. Though, it was delivered by Manchester North West DO which is more than 10 miles apart from your home address.

Because of that, we will be needing to have a buyer's confirmation in order to release the payment."

A follow up reply also said "I understand your concern is regarding the payment hold. I can assure you that the payment hold will be released immediately once the buyer confirms the delivery and the funds will reflect in your PayPal account balance."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.