Payment Methods in 2 Currencies in one Account

Gertz1952
New Community Member

Hello - is it possible to have credit cards in 2 currencies (one US dollars, one Canadian dollars), with different banks (one in the US, one in Canada), within one's account? Or is it necessary to create separate accounts for each within PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

@Gertz1952

That's a great question! @Anonymous_User, that's an awesome start! As always, thank you for your help! Credit and debit cards are limited to the country that you register your account with, but here's a step-by-step guide on adding a U.S. bank to your Canadian PayPal account. Below the instructions you'll find a link to our Help Center that details how to use your bank to send money, too!

Here's how to add a US bank account to your Canadian PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet.
  3. Click Link a bank.
  4. Choose "I have a different bank."
  5. Select a country.
  6. Follow the prompted steps to add your US bank account.

https://goo.gl/rVM8zo

Have a great day!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Just a guess here from the info that's available - if you have a Canadian PayPal Account, you can have both a US Bank Account and Local Bank Account so if you have a Canadian Account, you may want to try linking your financial info - it's either going to work or not.   If you have US PayPal Account, then you would have to also have to open a Canadian Account (each account with their own country specific details).

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

@Gertz1952

That's a great question! @Anonymous_User, that's an awesome start! As always, thank you for your help! Credit and debit cards are limited to the country that you register your account with, but here's a step-by-step guide on adding a U.S. bank to your Canadian PayPal account. Below the instructions you'll find a link to our Help Center that details how to use your bank to send money, too!

Here's how to add a US bank account to your Canadian PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Wallet.
  3. Click Link a bank.
  4. Choose "I have a different bank."
  5. Select a country.
  6. Follow the prompted steps to add your US bank account.

https://goo.gl/rVM8zo

Have a great day!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.