Payment Hold

theohenly1
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold an item through depop, and as this is a new PayPal account, the payment was put on hold, and I’m familiar with this process. However, the product was shipped, tracking info provided and has since been delivered. It’s been over 48 hours since delivery, and I’ve not recieved my money, despite the buyer signing for the delivery, which can be seen using the reference number I provided. I’m genuinely confused as to why I’ve not recieved my money when it’s obviously delivered and signed for, and the buyer has agreed he recieved the product, can anyone help? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theohenly1 

Probably automated system having issues confirming delivery to trigger the release.

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped with or without tracking info.

Buyer/Sender: To confirm you've received an item:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

If buyer/sender does not confirm receipt, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@theohenly1 

Normally released when tracking shows online as delivered + 1 day.

But everything is slower at the moment as paypal is working with reduced staff, mainly from home trying to process all the payments / releases / disputes / refunds / withdrawals etc etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.