Paying to another country

bgx
Contributor
Contributor

This Is the problem I am in England, my friend is in Germany. I have a paypal account she does not . It's her birthday coming up and normally it would be a visit to a currency exchange purchase euros and send them to her. Currency shops are closed so, I know I can send money to her via paypal but what I need clarifying is how does she get the money if she does not have a paypal account?.

TIA 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Santosh21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @bgx,

I understand that you wish to send money to a person who does not have a PayPal account. In order to receive money the recipient should have a PayPal account. When you send money to a person and if the email is not linked to their PayPal account then funds will be unclaimed for 30 days and then it will return back to you automatically after 30 days. You can request them to sign up for a PayPal account if they don't already have one.
I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,
Santosh

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bgx 

Try xoom if she doesn't have a paypal account?

https://www.xoom.com/?_rt=kac-gen-branded-google-mt-paid-en&languageCode=en&&_rt=kac-gen-branded-goo...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.