PayPal won’t let me withdraw or use my own money.

Clairech3
Contributor
Contributor

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life!! Sold my things as I am between jobs, people sitting in their house using the items I’ve sold and given positive feedback and they still won’t let me use my money. Says it will take 72 hours to withdraw my money... 72 hours later they return the money back to PayPal. When Ivcall they said sorry request it again but will take another 72 hours!! When I try to pay things using my PayPal balance it says it’s refused try again later! Explained to them buying and selling isn’t a hobby!! I need to feed my kids, get told it’s just the PayPal way!!! DISGUSTING!!!! Why is this happening!! Just spoke with another PayPal employee who told me he was finishing soon so I was to call tomorrow when I said no he pretended to transfer my call and hung up.. when I called back the offices were closed. SHAMBLES!!!!!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clairech3

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/paymentprocess-newsellers.html

Also when you are new and firstly withdraw funds then you may be subject to a 72 hour review.

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Lastly not sure why your funds bounced back to Paypal BUT have you linked AND confirmed your bank account to your Paypal account and is the name of your Paypal account in the same name as your bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Clairech3
Contributor
Contributor
No it’s not eBay. I’ve spoke with eBay, none of my funds are being held. It just seems to be a problem withdrawing and spending my own money. Place is a joke.
Login to Me Too

bribro-99
Contributor
Contributor
You are talking like you know what is going on. I've got a thousand dollars in my cleared funds and 600 in my pending. The thousand has been released by Ebay and is supposed to be accessible and I'm going through the exact same crap.
Login to Me Too

jeprialamsah
New Community Member

I truly frustated by this company and I am so i am DONE, you have like $600 worth of cash on this company i will fight all my luck to get it to my wallet! Lucky, I only have small amount of payment from my lad in UK, he using EURO and stuck in withdraw for a YEAR due to my name changed ( not changed just incorrect typing while was registering) f them i proved my ID, bank, write an affidavit letter but still they said "You cannot change name bla bla" whatttt? like if I have or WANTED to change name then I will the f a company business on my f name? foh bye, really regret of how you been though, rest in peace paypal

Login to Me Too

SDave
Contributor
Contributor
My accounts verified , eg linked fully to my bank , i cant withdraw and none is pending , 5 days and just automated replies from paypal
Login to Me Too

tyreerice
New Community Member

me **bleep**ing too theyre doing this to me as of right now. theyve told me the system said wait 72hrs twice an i did not i need to give it 24hrs. i feel like paypal is a **bleep**ing scam.everytime i call theirs someone who doesnt help at all or someone who tells me dont call back just give it time and itll go through and another saying dont try again or youll trigger another 72hrs and they limited my acc. paypal is honestly a scam but this is my last time using this **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Lmackabee1960
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal won't let me use my PayPal balance. I can't transfer my money to my card or even send it to someone else so they can transfer it to their card. I called PayPal they said there's nothing wrong with my account and they can't fix it!! Apparently I just have to wait a couple days and try again!? I need my money now. My daughter's birthday was completely ruined because of PayPal and their computer system that apparently they don't even know how it works! So I guess PayPal's operating system has a mind of its own. This is the worst company ever !!! Beware
Login to Me Too

Tan1111
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Exact same situation here! I cannot withdraw my own money from my PayPal balance. How’s that even possible. I called them multiple times and some told me to wait for 72 hours but some told me just try again in a day or so. And yes none of them actually knows what’s going on with my account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lmackabee1960 

@Tan1111 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.