PayPal won't let me change my Primary Currency to CAN

jdiazdeleon
Contributor
Contributor

It is giving me this error: 

"We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later."

A representative advised me to log out and try again. I did, but I'm still getting the same error 😞

Any ideas (before I call them again) ?

Thank you in advance guys!

JDL

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jdiazdeleon
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, I have tried with Opera and Firefox in my desktop computer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @jdiazdeleon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Here's how you can change your primary currency:

- Click Wallet at the top of the page.
- Click Manage currencies.
- Select the radio button next to the currency you'd like to designate as your primary.
- Click Make Primary.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

terribleapp
New Community Member

Unfortunately the suggestions made by the support people and the instructions pasted above are useless. They think we haven't tried those steps before.... The reason why you are making this post and why I am here commenting is because we've done that, and we're still having problems. I had to churn through about 50 support people who said the same thing when I contacted support, before I finally got someone who realized this and was able to just say that they will file a bug report for the tech team. I will post with updates when the bug ticket is resolved.

Login to Me Too

Mustakettu
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @terribleapp ,

I am having the same issue and the support team just kept on asking me to try different devices and whatnot. Did you get this solved?

By inspecting element, I can see on the network tab that there is an error message when clicking the button to make primary:

Mustakettu_0-1604332640575.png

So this is not related to my devices but to their backend.

Login to Me Too

terribleapp1
Contributor
Contributor

@Mustakettu (i'm terribleapp above, but couldnt remember password) Anyways, no, they did not give me any information or followup, even when I asked if I could get a reference number or bug ticket number or some tracking link. So I doubt this will ever get fixed 😞 What I am currently doing is trying to close my account, then re-open the account to see if that fixes it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.