PayPal withdrew for same payment twice

Rwfeath92
Contributor
Contributor
Long story short, I had some fraud with the bank account connected to my PayPal. Because of this my bank account was temporarily locked. During this time, some of my PayPal transactions (that happened before the account was locked) were declined. This resulted in my PayPal balance being negative. I called PayPal to resolve this, and made a payment with my debit card (not the one connected to the locked bank account) to bring my balance to zero. Fast forward a few days, and one of the transactions that contributed to my negative PayPal balance was withdrawn from my bank account (since unlocked) again. It was a larger transaction for $1,030. My PayPal balance is still $0.00 but I essentially paid for the $1,030 twice. Once in the payment to bring the negative PayPal balance to 0.00 and once on a secondary withdrawal My question is, will that $1,030 payment end up being added to my PayPal balance? I talked to 5 different people at PayPal yesterday and no one could give me a straight answer. Appreciate the help in advance
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Marina

Hi @Rwfeath92,

Thank you for posting in the Community. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If you've already completed a payment to resolve the negative balance, it is likely that the second transfer will cause a positive balance in your PayPal account. It typically takes 3 - 5 business days for PayPal to receive money from a bank. If the issue hasn't been resolved after that time has passed, it would be best to contact us for further support.

I hope this helps!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.