PayPal will not allow me to add a particular Credit Card

Graham31
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal will not allow me to add a particular Credit Card.  The card was renewed more than 3 months ago and it is used daily successfully.   

Prior to the card renewal and my changing of my billing address 7 months ago this card worked OK on PayPal. t

My other cards are accepted by PayPal, however I do wish for this card to be the primary card for any PayPal purchases.

I have tried talking with PayPal on a number of occasions.  However there does not seem to be anyone in PayPal who has the ability and the interest in resolving this problem.     

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dian

Hey @ Graham31,

Thanks for asking your question in our Community.

I understand that you are not able to add your card. Please check the following:

-Is the name and address on the card the same as the details on your PayPal account?

-Is there a balance on the card when you are trying to add it? In order to add the card there needs to be an available balance.

Not all cards are compatible for use on PayPal. Some prepaid cards cannot be used.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Graham31
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.

1. The name and address for the card is the same as my PayPal account.

2. This is a Credit Card (MasterCard).

3. There is a balance on the card.

There appears to be no logical reason my PayPal will not accept the card. 

PayPal did accept the card until it was updated with a new card. 

There must be something in the PayPal data base which will give you a clue as to why it is not being accepted. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.