PayPal transfer said two hours but hasn't arrived?

Gareth01979
Contributor
Contributor
I have withdrawn a low amount of money from my paypal account to my bank account, it stated it would take 2 hours. 20 hours layer it's still pending. I have clicked on the transaction and now it says 0-3 working days? So is it 0 or 3? It surely can't be that inconsistent. I have checked my emails to see if there is any "checks" being conducted but nothing! I can see that this is a major problem with paypal holding customers money. I just don't understand why it said 2 hours then changed its mind to 0-3 days!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gareth01979

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gareth01979
Contributor
Contributor
As a test I transferred another amount out and this time it told me it was pending review. However the first time it didn't give me any indication of prelonged timeframe. Very inconsistant!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gareth01979

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gareth01979
Contributor
Contributor
Solved. Transfer money to a friend or family who had had a paypal account for longer. Get them to transfer it to their bank and give you the money. This worked instantly! Said 2 hours but was in their account in seconds. And yes, same bank company. So what's the delay with my account? Even though it wasn't pending review? There is no point quoting their policies and procedures as non of it is consistant.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.