PayPal to Venmo

jonby
Contributor
Contributor

are we able to do this without the bank account switch-a-roo?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonby 

No. Venmo is primarily used as a payment method for buying and paying through PayPal checkout. It's a business/sales tool. Not for transfer money between PayPal and Venmo accounts like you would between PayPal accounts.

If you have a bank account in common between PayPal and Venmo, withdraw PayPal funds to your bank account and add funds or pay with your bank account to/in Venmo.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonby 

No. Venmo is primarily used as a payment method for buying and paying through PayPal checkout. It's a business/sales tool. Not for transfer money between PayPal and Venmo accounts like you would between PayPal accounts.

If you have a bank account in common between PayPal and Venmo, withdraw PayPal funds to your bank account and add funds or pay with your bank account to/in Venmo.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jonby
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I finally realized that, and dumped the VENMO app. Receiver realized she had an old PayPal account when I sent $ via email. She updated her login and violla!! lol

I like PayPal. I tried sending thru W.U. once and it was a nightmare costing me $30.

Thanks again!

Jonby

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.