PayPal to Metrobank Withdrawal

patzj
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to link my PayPal and my Metrobank bank account so I can withdraw funds. My Metrobank account name has a middle initial (with dot character), however, the system of PayPal don't accept the dot (.) character. If I ommit the dot (.) character, will Metrobank accept the transfer or will it bounce back? Or will the funds be accepted even if I don't include my middle initial.

PayPay support told me that the bouncing back of transfer is the discretion of the bank, so I asked Metrobank's support. It's almost two weeks since then but not a single Metrobank "banking officer" has attended to my concern. I can't also connect to their hotline. I'm hoping that someone can help me with my concern.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Takanna
Hi, How did it went for you? Experiencing the same thing now. Takanna
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

IF THE BANK ACCOUNT HAS ALREADY BEEN VERIFIED,YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM TRANSFERRING FUND,BUT Paypal always seem to have problem dealing with PH banks.

Login to Me Too

Yukichi
Contributor
Contributor
Is there any possible solution yet? Cause I went to the bank for assistance but the customer service is really poor. I can't reach their land-line CS either. I'm already thinking of closing accounts and switch banks. I hope someone could help tho.
Login to Me Too

patzj
Contributor
Contributor

You can omit the middle name. No issue so far on my end with just using my first and last name.

Login to Me Too

Yukichi
Contributor
Contributor
This didn't work for me. Then I tried putting my middle name. It still got denied, and the return fee and transfer fee sure cost a lot. I'm very disappointed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.