cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal says I owe them money super shady

New Community Member

PayPal says I owe them money super shady

I did a transaction of a little over $120 on eBay. I realized I didn’t have the money in my account so I asked for a refund to my bank (which the seller graciously gave me). I never received the item I immediately cancelled the transaction. PayPal is telling me I owe them the money for the transaction and have now sent debt collectors after me. I have spoken to several different customer support workers via email none of them will listen to me. They all say the same thing “your bank won’t give us the $120 therefor you’re in debt”. No **bleep** my bank won’t give you money for a transaction that never occurred. They keep saying I have to pay even though I was issued a refund. All my history says I was given a refund. But the exact amount of the transaction is still “owed”??? Now PayPal won’t email me back and this is honestly shady as hell. Can anyone help me? I don’t particularly want to ignore such a large amount of debt that I don’t even owe!

2 REPLIES 2
New Community Member

Re: PayPal says I owe them money super shady

Did you ever get it resolved? Because I am having a similar issue and they want me to deposit money to an the papal account that won’t let me deposit money
New Community Member

Re: PayPal says I owe them money super shady

paypal is also saying i owe them money which is super shady because i never even sent anyone the amount that i owe them