PayPal says I owe them money super shady

Novannah
New Community Member

I did a transaction of a little over $120 on eBay. I realized I didn’t have the money in my account so I asked for a refund to my bank (which the seller graciously gave me). I never received the item I immediately cancelled the transaction. PayPal is telling me I owe them the money for the transaction and have now sent debt collectors after me. I have spoken to several different customer support workers via email none of them will listen to me. They all say the same thing “your bank won’t give us the $120 therefor you’re in debt”. No **bleep** my bank won’t give you money for a transaction that never occurred. They keep saying I have to pay even though I was issued a refund. All my history says I was given a refund. But the exact amount of the transaction is still “owed”??? Now PayPal won’t email me back and this is honestly shady as hell. Can anyone help me? I don’t particularly want to ignore such a large amount of debt that I don’t even owe!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Donewrong1
New Community Member
Did you ever get it resolved? Because I am having a similar issue and they want me to deposit money to an the papal account that won’t let me deposit money
Login to Me Too

ejasmyn710
New Community Member
paypal is also saying i owe them money which is super shady because i never even sent anyone the amount that i owe them
Login to Me Too

TheRealTavi
Contributor
Contributor
-, Yes Someone Help I don't know why paypal is saying I owe over 1,000 dollars when I don't know WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT HELP PLEASE!!!
Login to Me Too

brandiel87
Contributor
Contributor

They did the same thing to me, i live in US and i bought some items in UK, the seller cancelled and refund the money, but i got less than what i paid due to currency convention, i called my bank Chase and they gave me the difference, now paypal is saying that i have to return the full amount of the transaction back , because my bank gave the money, i explained then that my bank just gave me the amount that i didnt get, also called my bank and asked them for that money and they told my that Papal never sent any money to the bank, i spoke with many agents and they didn't want to understand or  work with me, i gave to the agents all my bank statement and the dispute letter from my bank but they just told me that they dont need any paper just the money, now im not able to send any email or nothing because they blocked my and im not able to use or remove my personals account thru Paypal.

Login to Me Too

MARYTAKON
Contributor
Contributor
I am currently experiencing the SAME thing. I have explained it all through my hairline. My bank was able to reverse the transaction after PayPal said I should check my bank and Ebay said I should check PayPal. I am utterly disgusted at their service and I've told them I would make it legal. This is extremely poor service and I'm never using them again.
Login to Me Too

Cr0nchyM0th
New Community Member
PayPal is doing the same with me when I don’t even use PayPal 😐 apparently I owe them $27 when I was paid $60 and $27 years ago. Those are my only transactions so idk where or why I owe them $27
Login to Me Too

Sweetjerseygirl
New Community Member
I canceled by bank card from PayPal and because I did that they are saying I owe 276.00 which is not fair my bank charged me over 276.00 almost in a negative balance when I canceled PayPal it reversed some of that money so I put 136.00 in the bank to cover the overdraft fees but now pay pal is saying I owe them 276.00 that I don’t have. It’s not fair! They are ripping people off!
Login to Me Too

danlwyd
Contributor
Contributor

Were you or any person else ever able to resolve the issue ? I had paid $76 in a different currency accidentally, got refunded, sent again and it ended up double charging me at the bank for $152 and i went into negative in my bank account. I got the issue fixed with my bank however now paypal is saying i owe the company the $76 ? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.