PayPal's exchange rate

brianc1943brian
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I am becoming a little annoyed at having to pay more in sterling after a conversion from $ to £'s.

On 7 occasions now after purchasing from Hobbyking, I always finish up paying more in sterling than was the price I purchased in sterling from

Hobbyking. On one occasion the Hobbyking price for a group of items I was buying was £87.20 approx. When my PayPal amount came through PayPal charged  my bank £91.56. This was what I was charged to satisfy Hobbyking's price in Dollars. Not happy with this situation, can someone throw any light on this subject as it is becoming quite tiresome to keep paying more than the original sterling price. Thank you 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brianc1943brian

Usually prices in sterling on websites where items are in another currency are 'estimates'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brianc1943brian
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply, clearly the estimates are low to sell the goods I haven't had one instance where the estimate has been lower on final payment.  

Login to Me Too

brianc1943brian
Contributor
Contributor

We are talking here about paying more than the price indicated at the time of purchase. Paying extra MONEY using estimates should not be an option and is not acceptable to me. Someone somewhere is making a few extra dollars/pounds out of a buyer who has no say in the matter. Prices in dollars against the pound should be accurate based on trading that day, and if it means changing the price daily then so be it At least when we get the final bill there might be a few cents/pence difference instead of POUNDS DIFFERENCE. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.