PayPal overdrawn

DC2019
Contributor
Contributor

although I have not made any payments, in fact I just added some money but it shows as around £30 in red? There is no indication in Activity section what the money is owed for and I tried to message PP (automated?) Customer services, they said that I am not overdrawn on my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DC2019,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear about the negative balance and I will be happy to help shed some light on the most likely scenarios.

Is it possible that a payment that you made within the last few weeks was unable to be funded by your bank account? If an Instant Transfer payment was made to another party and the bank denied the payment and returned a response of insufficient funds, the transaction would be tried again a few days later. If that attempt failed too, and the backup card was similarly unable to be used, the account would be taken negative. Once the balance is negative, and payments received would go toward that negative balance until the balance is again positive.

Another possibility is that you received a payment that was disputed by the sender. If that happens, the payment is held, and that can cause a balance to become negative. Are there any disputes open in the Resolution Center? Are there any closed disputes that were not found in your favor?

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.