PayPal locked my account on the sly?

ScuffedDev
Contributor
Contributor

Whatever I try and do, withdraw my balance, send it to someone else or use it, I get the same error; either "Sorry, something’s not right. Please try again later." or "We're sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment right now. Please try again later.". Every time I've tried to contact paypal they tell me the same thing: "

Upon reviewing the account, the transaction is being stopped by our security program because of the risk that was detected. PayPal's priority is to make sure your account is safe and secured from unsafe transaction that can cause harm to the account itself.

When PayPal's security program detected any type of risk in a transaction, it will be automatically stopped by the system and will not go through.

If you want to continue with the transaction, it would be best to complete the transaction using a different payment option or outside PayPal.

Considering you being away from the chat window, I will be pausing this chat. Please resume the chat when you get back so that we can continue the conversation." - I really need them to sort this out so I can use my paypal account again. Anyone got any pointers on what I should do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScuffedDev 

Simply leave your account alone for several days, allowing time and a buffer zone for security system to reset/cool down. Security system is triggered by all the failed repeated attempts and senses it may be under some attack and being forced.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScuffedDev 

Simply leave your account alone for several days, allowing time and a buffer zone for security system to reset/cool down. Security system is triggered by all the failed repeated attempts and senses it may be under some attack and being forced.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ScuffedDev
Contributor
Contributor
Okay. I’ll keep the thread updated if this continues after a week of cool down
Login to Me Too

We want to help you but we can’t answer emails sent to this unmonitored mailbox.
Login to Me Too

Stevenrosio67
Contributor
Contributor
Unblock
Login to Me Too

Jesr671
New Community Member
Yes.it is me please unblock my account so I can receive my payments for the games I am playing.please text me.or email me to know if.its really me Thank u from me jesse Reyes.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.