PayPal holding my funds

beautygenchico
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, would appreciate any response I can get, thanks so much in advance! 

Here's my case: 

PayPal is holding my funds and refusing to release them to me because they said that the name on my personal account information is not my legal name. I had put in my business name instead of my legal name (silly me, but I had set out this account as business account and not a personal account which was why I had put in my business name instead of my legal name) I called in and 2 CS then told me to change my account information name and so I did as suggested. However, my request for the change of name was rejected. They only allowed change of name for cases like legal name change/ marriage/ divorce so I wrote in to them twice via email but one time it got ignored (that was almost 100 days ago by the way) and few days back I wrote in to them via email again but they simply responded with an automated rejection answer stating no, only applicable for divorce/ marriage etc etc. 

Well, this is not the best part. The best part was when I called in to 2 other CS (in total I had spoken to 4 CS, 2 were still ok and 2 were just plain rude... I almost cried in anger talking to them!) The (rude CS 1) then asked for my name and I said my legal name and they said "well its not the name in your account information so I can't speak to you", I then explained to them the situation like it was a business account yada yada yada.. and he continued to say he can't help, he can't speak to me at all. Towards the end of the call, I asked, should I change my legal name to my business name just so that you can speak to me or so that I can get my funds back? He replied "that is a good question".  It makes no sense, right? To change your LEGAL name to a BUSINESS NAME just to get some money back? If this is not plain bullying and abusing of power just cuz' they are a big **bleep** corporation, then what is? 

Well, let's just say, now you have a nice name called Rachel and your business name is "bad beauty gals 101", will you really change your name to "bad beauty gals 101" from "Rachel" just to get some money back? Sarcasm aside, so I called in again on the same day and another rude CS (rude cs 2) answered, this time when asked for my name I said my account information name which was the business name. The CS then said "this is a business name, not a real name. I can't speak to you." ..... I was just speechless. Before I click off, I said "if you knew this was a business name set out by me and not refusing to speak to me, who set out the business name, can I just say you're just being unhelpful and refusing to do anything at all? If now I had said my legal name, will you speak to me? You would not yeah because it is also not the account information name?"
She simply replied "I am so sorry, but until the name is change, I can't speak to you". 

Obviously, I had set up the account laying out my business name with no other intentions than it being for a business account and now they are just pushing me away and somehow I feel they're using their "big business" image to press us down?  To be honest, my funds is not a lot, but it's also not little, it's about USD$950. I do not NEED it to live but I WANT it because it is my money which I earned from sales of my products. 

What should I do? I am considering to bring this up to the small claims court as I find this really absurd and unfair for me. 

p/s: I did send in all requested documents including my identifications and bank statements but I bet it wasn't even seen. Probably just brushed off? 

Any thoughts/ response I can get will be great!! 

TIA 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello beautygenchico,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.