PayPal holding all my sales money

sc1050
Contributor
Contributor

I'm an established seller with 200 transactions, 100% positive feedback, and a member in good standing for nearly 10 years. PayPal has a hold on all my recent transactions for no reason. They aren't honoring what they stated in the transaction which is that I would receive access to my funds within a day of items being delivered. The items have all been delivered, with tracking, and positive feedback received  and I still have no access to my money. It has been way over a day and yet they still hold my funds. I am out of pocket for shipping and expenses, Ebay monthly fees, PayPal fees and can't pay a couple of important bills. They clearly state in their policy that a hold can be placed if 1) You're a new seller with no history, 2) You've had numerous chargebacks or returns 3) Your selling patterns change drastically or items are high risk. None of these apply to me and yet they continue to hold my funds without any valid reason or explanation. I'm elderly and on a fixed income and rely on my online business to supplement my income. I am starting to understand why so many small sellers like myself are looking for other platforms for their businesses. I also am starting to see why Ebay is ending their relationship with PayPal and replacing them with an ethical European company in 2020. In the meantime, I am experiencing financial hardship without any access to my sales money, while PayPal already took their cut out of the transactions. I was trying to hold out until next year when the other payment processor takes over Ebay sales but without access to any of my money, I can no longer rely on PayPal as they don't follow their own rules and policies and basically just do what they want without any regard for the sellers. When I try to contact them, there are ridiculous hold times, sometimes over an hour or they disconnect me after numerous transfers. It's a shame they treat honest people who play by the rules and pay their high fees in this manner.      

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Safaristep
New Community Member

They do exactly the same to me !
All of my sales are being held even after the shipping status is marked as delivered !
Paypal is the worst payment method for honest sellers, but unfortunately, a lot of customers don't want to use another platform...
I recommend transferwise, really low fees and fast !

Much better than Paypal, I hope they will realise how bad they are soon, but they don't care at all, they only think about their cut in our money with doing anything, just easy money for those dishonest people..

Login to Me Too

Ih8thiscompany
New Community Member
I cant wait till a new alternative to paypal comes out il never use paypal again they are the most ridiculous service i have ever used holding every dollar i have ever recieved inconveniencing me greatly on a a consistant basis
Login to Me Too

Odinnstorm
Contributor
Contributor
eBay owns PayPal. They’re not ending their relationship with them at all. They constantly use this to deflect responsibility when PayPal directs you to eBay and eBay to PayPal. They’re just trying to make it look like they give a damn about their customers when they don’t at all and only care about the money they can wring out of you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Odinnstorm 

Ebay does NOT own Paypal and has not done so for years, they split in 2015 !!!!

Also Ebay IS phasing out Paypal and introducing their own Ebay managed payments.

Try reading before commenting it helps....>>>

https://www.salehoo.com/blog/ebay-breaks-it-off-with-paypal

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.