PayPal have stolen my money

Fox9
Contributor
Contributor

I have an Ebay business. I recently sold a chair for £120.00 to a customer - PayPal have stolen this money and refused to release it alleging that the recipient has to provide proof of delivery before they will release it, even though this is a collection only item which I have already arranged the details for collection in the future with the buyer. I called PayPal to listen to arrogant bad attitude drivel from some barely understandable clown in the Phillipines.

PayPal are thieves, and nasty sly lying scum who I hate with every fibre of my being.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fox9 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

If it was an item for collection then put on your auction that you want cash on collection only and refund if they use paypal, you are allowed to state cash on collection on ebay for those items. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Beni2223
New Community Member
Lieber fox9, Der Käufer hat wahrscheinlich gemeldet das der Stuhl nicht ankommen ist (bei solchen Fällen bekommt der kunde das Geld zurück ) LG Beni English version : LG BeniDear fox9, The buyer has probably reported that the chair has not arrived (in such cases the customer gets the money back ) LG Beni
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beni2223 wrote:
Lieber fox9, Der Käufer hat wahrscheinlich gemeldet das der Stuhl nicht ankommen ist (bei solchen Fällen bekommt der kunde das Geld zurück ) LG Beni English version : LG BeniDear fox9, The buyer has probably reported that the chair has not arrived (in such cases the customer gets the money back ) LG Beni

Unless @Fox9 reports that a dispute was opened on the transaction, that is not the case. It's simply a typical PayPal 21-days funds availability hold and the buyer has to confirm receipt of the goods to release funds or PayPal releases funds in 21 days if no tracking info is provided.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fox9 

PayPal holds funds for up to 21 days in case buyer reports a problem, aka opens a dispute so what needs to be done is this:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status (Order Processed or Shipped).

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

If buyer does not take action to confirm release, PayPal releases the funds in 21 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your love for PayPal employees is shining through 🙄

Seriously, is this your first sale on eBay?  PayPal holds the money for x number of days. You need to provide proof of delivery quite often even if you’re a seasoned seller. 

Nothing regarding theft or picking on you. Standard procedure 

Login to Me Too

Fox9
Contributor
Contributor
Been on Ebay for 11 Years, taking my money without my consent is theft. PayPal are vermin.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fox9 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=4...

If it was an item for collection then put on your auction that you want cash on collection only and refund if they use paypal, you are allowed to state cash on collection on ebay for those items. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.