PayPal has debited the refund to my buyer from my bank account

Ahmed747777
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guy, my PayPal account has been permanantly blocked, i tried to issue a refund to one of my buyers which their money is under PayPal reserve,  I clicked on issue refund and then PayPal debited the money from my bank account instead of the original payment under PayPal reserve. Now my bank account will go negative, i really need urgent help please. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahmed747777 

If the funds in your balance were only from the buyers payment then you may not have had enough in that balance for a full refund so paypal took it from your bank account.

This is because paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any issued refund, so you would need to add the fee amount to the balance OR paypal would take it from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ahmed747777
Contributor
Contributor

Yes sir i understand so when will Paypal release the money under reserve to me as at the moment there is nothing they need to hold money for, everything has been refunded and the account is empty. Are they still going to hold it for 180 days? The account is empty now and I the refund has been taken from my bank, i dont see a reason they will need to keep it for 180 days? Can you advise when most likely would they release it if everything has been refunded? In the message they said they will review on a monthly basis and will release the money between 30 and 180 days but i think they wont release before 180 days :(.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ahmed747777 

Your guess is as good as mine and you can only go by what they have told you, 30 - 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.