PayPal funds held

OsasDivine2
Contributor
Contributor
I have issues on my account, my funds got held since last week Friday, I did a freelancing job for a client and I got paid for it but I don't know why my fund is still held.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @OsasDivine2

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear your payment is currently on hold. It sounds like it may have been placed on a Funds Availability Hold. You can learn more about why holds are placed and how they might be released early on our Help Center. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

OsasDivine2
Contributor
Contributor

The payment was held July 16th, it has been 7 days, I marked the order has shipped, the person whom sent the money after my service does not know what to do to tell PayPal he has received the service, I don't know why PayPal is stilling holding my payment.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @OsasDivine2,

The buyer will not always have the option to confirm that they've received the service. If the buyer is unable to confirm, you will need to wait 21 days before the payment can be released. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

OsasDivine2
Contributor
Contributor
I have refunded the money to the sender, I made a mistake using PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OsasDivine2 

If you don't want to go through the new seller hold that protects buyers then thats your best bet.

However sadly you would have lost the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as it is not returned as part of any refund you issue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.