PayPal credit card stopped working

LLLLSSSS
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal MasterCard. I was in a site with multiple carts. I purchased one cart with my PayPal MC, and on the second cart, it said "Add a credit card or bank account". When I go to my PayPal account, it says "Preferred Payment Method" is (1) PayPal balance and (2) PayPal MasterCard, but on the top of the Wallet, it says I need to add a credit/debit card or bank account.

I can't delete the PayPal MC either, it doesn't show up as a credit card. When I try to re-add the credit card, it says "invalid number" or "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LLLLSSSS 

Nah, that Link a credit card button you see on the Wallet page does not mean you have to add a credit card or bank account. Its just for adding them in general. Each PayPal account can have up to 8 cards linked. Same with bank accounts.

The PayPal card accounts cannot be added or removed like you would your linked cards so don't bother with that.

I think you should wait 'til the next day or wait several hours to purchase with your PP MC on the second cart. Just leave the account alone for now. You're performing actions that are not making sense to the system and it's starting to throw up error messages.

When it is asking you to add a card during checkout, it's likely for back up funding source and/or setting up a billing agreement and streamline checkout experience for future purchases with shop you are paying. 

PayPal security system was probably blocking the card from being used again so soon for security reasons and is asking for another card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.