PayPal couldn't process your payment. Please choose a different payment method on PayPal

YLord
New Community Member

Any idea why I get this message when I try to buy items listed on Etsy from Canada - "PayPal couldn't process your payment. Please choose a different payment method on PayPal". And, this happened no whatever I tried. I tried using my bank account and two credit cards linked to my PayPal. Both had sufficient balance to make the payment. These are items above $500 CAD and have only PayPal as a payment option. Does anyone know why PayPal does not process these payments? Are there any solutions?  I messaged PayPal customer service, but wasn't very helpful. They just said if PayPal does not process it; it is because PayPal thinks the transaction is risky. But doesn't say why PayPal thinks it is risky. I tried calling PayPal customer service line and selected option 6 but after that no response, just silence, not even sure I am in a queue waiting for someone to answer the call.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.