PayPal **bleep**

Utjhnson
New Community Member

Tried to send $4,000 to my son for emergency. I have been PayPal verified for several years and so has my son. PayPal security flagged transaction and blocked it. Spoke with Gail and then Nel S. To escalate issue and they could not provide details nor escalate to security or a supervisor to review and approve transaction. I do not need this hassle for a simple transaction especially after going through 3 different security protocols to make the transaction online. Sell your stock, customer service is terrible and attitude was take your business elsewhere. No problem

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

bubbled
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal help scammers from China. I bought a pair of shoes on a website and the seller sent me a pair of fake Nike sneakers. I went back to the website and the website was totally gone! I then went on to PayPal to make a dispute, PayPal wants me to send the item back at my own expenses even though I told them that it's a fraud and the website had disappear. What kind of stupid **bleep** is this? Even with the $30 reimbursement, it's still not enough for me to send the item back to China. But why the **bleep** do I need to send it back at my own expenses when they're **bleep**ing scamming me? Talking to 2 people already and it's the same **bleep**.  Blablabla you need to return the item.  Well **bleep** you PayPal! You just helped a **bleep**ing fraud and I should **bleep**ing sue your **bleep** for allowing this **bleep** to go on. **bleep** your buyer protection policy! It's full of **bleep**!!!

Login to Me Too

OhioGal
Contributor
Contributor

Should you have a misfortune of returning an eBay purchase and of course Paypal is right smack in the middle... The return is completed & supposedly refunded but Paypal is sitting on my funds for at least a month. Uses my $$ interest free as they see fit. A robbery on highway. I wonder if it's even legal

Login to Me Too

MikeBHC
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a user of Paypal since 2005. Recently, It has been requested by vendors I enter my credit card information after logging into Paypal using the Paypal interface, but Paypal already has my verified credit card information. Now that I try to close my Paypal account and remove my bank account information, the Paypal website is blocking me from removing the bank account information stating "a transaction is pending". Lies. Nothing is pending. I do not have any active recurring subscriptions. I do not have any pending transactions. I will contact my bank tomorrow to inform them Paypal is refusing to remove my bank account information. This is starting to feel like Scott Tucker's Ameriloan...

Login to Me Too

garcianc
Contributor
Contributor

Keeping this thread going, since it sums up the state of Paypal.

To add to the list of reasons, the "send to phone" feature in Paypal is broken and Paypal places the burden on their customers to try to resolve by calling strangers asking for money back. Or, as I had to do when that failed, call the police to issue an arrest warrant.

Login to Me Too

Jarrod10
My Mother and I both have verified accounts and she tried to send me $7000 for hurricane damage so I wouldn't have to also pay for my family to stay at a hotel. PayPal held the Payment so long that I ended up spending 7 days of hotel fees on top of the 5-10 I had to do during the repairs. PayPal broke my family after a natural disaster and was unhelpful and unapologetic. My Mother literally sent a check Snail mail and it was in my account quicker than instant transfer on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

OhioGal
Contributor
Contributor

Next time have her send you the funds from her bank website, and you will receive a paper check.  It's free, like you pay your bills online from your bank website

Login to Me Too

Pxman

I am leaving Paypal after years of usage, thankfully after finding other competitors out there who provide better and faster services. It saddens me to see what has come to this company but the service is definitely not worth it for us users in Scandinavia for instance.

See ya!

Login to Me Too

Xander9727
New Community Member
PayPal wasted an hour of my life today. I tried to use them to pay for online purchases and it was declined. I’ve been keyed in the exact same card into the online companies server and the payment went through no problem. I tried to do the same thing later on on eBay trying every single one of my payment options. Every single one was declined. I called PayPal to find out what was going on and they just kept saying the problem was on my end. I have over $20,000 available credit And could not make a $400 purchase. My bank and credit card company say there’s no problem with my accounts.
Login to Me Too

NinjaOng
Contributor
Contributor

Extremely disappointing customer service. They flagged a transaction that I did not make, locked my account, and then offered a contact, compliance-apac's email if I need help or have any questions. I was contacted by someone called Gielyn but after trying to contact them since October, I gave up. My account remains locked. 

F*** Paypal and any companies forcing transaction through them. They were awesome years ago but in these recent times, they have really fallen from grace.  

Login to Me Too

logannweather
Contributor
Contributor
My mom tried to send me money to help me with my move (bless her) and they put her account on hold. they’re literally awful. cashapp and venmo all the way guys. never have had any issues with them. let paypal tank.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.