PayPal **bleep**

Utjhnson
New Community Member

Tried to send $4,000 to my son for emergency. I have been PayPal verified for several years and so has my son. PayPal security flagged transaction and blocked it. Spoke with Gail and then Nel S. To escalate issue and they could not provide details nor escalate to security or a supervisor to review and approve transaction. I do not need this hassle for a simple transaction especially after going through 3 different security protocols to make the transaction online. Sell your stock, customer service is terrible and attitude was take your business elsewhere. No problem

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

savvv
New Community Member

It's time to find a different company. This company is SJW crooks. 

Login to Me Too

Jamedio3
I went to amazon it's better
Login to Me Too

Orcas78
Contributor
Contributor

I cant even get a simple $57 into transferred my bank . I have talked to so many people about it and they still don't provide me with an an answer.

Login to Me Too

Sunsin

"Sjw crooks" **bleep**are you talking about? What does social justice have to do with paypal? Jfc...

Login to Me Too

AgentGroove
New Community Member
Similar situation. Have had holds put on receiving funds multiple times. Even though they are from a verified sender and I have never had an issue with my account. And Customer Service claims they don’t put holds on specific amounts, that it is only if “your bank account is the sole source of funds and no alternative has been added.” Though each time it has ONLY been for transactions over a certain amount. Pro Tip: “3 to 5 Business days” actually means 5 BUSINESS DAYS. IMX They will NEVER release funds earlier than that! When I called a CS out on this they said “Yes, it is five days, I apologize that it says three to five days and agree they should change that.” So we can add false advertising to the list of crimes. Tried to send two transactions, received a text back “... was marked as suspicious, please reply ‘Yes’ if authorized and ‘No’ if not authorized.” Had to wait about 20min to reply due to poor cell service. Received a reply: “We’re sorry, this request has expired. To access your account visit m.paypal.com” Had this happen twice for both transactions. So naturally sent the transactions again. PAYPAL AUTHORIZED THE ORIGINALS WITHOUT MY CONSENT! So let’s add theft to the list. Finally tried to add my bank account. They said “to verify your account we need to make two small deposits.” And then I need to confirm the amounts. Waited, and waited, and waited. Deposits were never made. Yet PayPal instantly used this unverified bank account to take money out for the above transactions. When called out that this was at best wire fraud the CS said they reserve the right to use an added bank account to withdraw funds even if it is unverified. After asking that the original duplicate transactions be refunded immediately they said they can not. After asking to immediately release the pending amount to my account they said they can not (DESPITE IT BEING AT THE FIVE DAY MARK) when asked for an explanation I received a bunch of bull that amounted to ‘We do what we want, because we can.’And I should take my business elsewhere if I’m unsatisfied.
Login to Me Too

Yorker
New Community Member
Agreed they have this attitude as if you want to use there service it is what it is and they do what they want. Sent money to my daughter for an emergency, they pulled the money out of my linked bank account but put a 5 day hold on the money from her end. This company is crooked and should be investigated by the fcc for wire fraud practices. They suck ended up using Zelle much better service.
Login to Me Too

Bclark08181
That is exactly what happened to me!
Login to Me Too

brensteph6
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I cant believe they are allowed to operate loop
Login to Me Too

Gaelen
One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with as soon as a competitor starts a service that I can use instead of PayPal for my business I will be going to them. Why do they even have a customer service department they always say the same thing just to appease you and get you off the phone so they can go back to a smoke break. All you'll ever get is the scripted response of its security and no one here knows how to fix it just a Magical Mystery of the internet just wait till tomorrow and maybe you'll get lucky for it to work. Seriously that is their response; we don't know, can't tell you how to fix your problem or get your money and hopefully it will work for you tomorrow but if not oh well too bad. Do the PayPal stock holders know how badly this company is being run that their numbers are only large because right now there's no other big competitor for them but soon as that happens PayPal is going to tank.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.