PayPal balance

Maryf1919
Contributor
Contributor
I purchase some items online and I didn’t have enough money in my linked debit account so it took it from my PayPal balance, which now says -$50. I now have the funds in my debit account but I’m not sure if I have to manually add funds or if PayPal will automatically take the new money out of my account.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maryf1919

If you have a failed transfer then paypal 'normally' put your account into negative and then try again a few days later, if that again fails they may try your back up funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maryf1919 wrote:
I purchase some items online and I didn’t have enough money in my linked debit account so it took it from my PayPal balance, which now says -$50. I now have the funds in my debit account but I’m not sure if I have to manually add funds or if PayPal will automatically take the new money out of my account.

Was your payment a bank payment (instant transfer) or did you pay with debit card?

Instant Transfer (bank) payment that comes back unpaid after 6 days and 2 additional request attempts (3 days apart) by PayPal will be ultimately charged to your back up payment method. The process doesn’t stop, even if you added funds to your balance or gotten a refund from the recipient. If new funds are there in your bank account now and depending how long it has been since the first attempt, PayPal will attempt another request to your bank for payment which now should be covered which should zero out your PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maryf1919
Contributor
Contributor
So I don’t need to add any funds to my balance, PayPal should just take the funds out of my account? And yes my PayPal is connected directly to my debit account not card
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maryf1919

Yes, let paypal try again OR you will have x2 bank account payments being transfered at the same time if you transfer some as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.