PayPal balance calculated by PayPal was wrong

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

I saw some people are same issue in the past but now 2020 there is the issue continue.

When I got to my account and clicked activity, then activity affected, you can see the balance for the each transaction.

However, the balance for the each transaction was wrong.

For example, you have $200 and buyer paid NET $30 (after deducted the PayPal fee and sales tax collected by eBay), the balance should be $230 but

the balance is always less than the real balance which is like PayPal charge the fee twice or charge again the sales tax.

I contacted the CS and she checked my account but what she could see the balance and what I could see for the each transaction were totally different.

I asked the CS to send the record but she told she can't. So, how can I figure out the hidden fee?

She told I can download the balance list for the each transaction she could see and gave the instruction but when I downloaded the BALANCE AFFECTED, it had just the payment amount only, NO BALANCE FOR THE EACH TRANSACTION.

Something wrong for PayPal. I use Paypal more than 10 years and this is the first time they could not calculate correctly or even calculate correct, they did not show the process to the member, us. STRANGE.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Cocoresort11,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Cocoresort11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Since you have no option to e-mail (I tried to send e-mail but it was only the virtual response), I called the CS (Please read carefully of my posting) and

she could not explain why. As I wrote, she watched totally different record from what I was watching in my account myself. SO I asked to send the record which she was watching, she told she could not but suggested to download the BALANCE AFFECTED. So, I downloaded but it just shows the payment amount , net amount. NO BALANCE FOR THE EACH TRANSACTION.

I use neither face book nor twitter. These kind of questions should be on the PAYPAL SITE.

Anyway I contact another organization and ask why PayPal can not show the correct record to the member.

Login to Me Too

SiegeStoves
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Downloading the statement is useless as it doesn't include the balance.

I have been going nuts trying to reconcile PayPal records for last year with my accounting system, until I discovered that PayPal is actually computing incorrect balances. I narrowed one discrepancy down to the starting and ending balance for one day with just a couple of transactions, and PayPal's math is off. How can this be?!!

Please let us know if you find a resolution to this obvious bug.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.