PayPal app not showing balance

Amrik1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, When I open my PayPal app through my iPhone I can’t see my balance even though I have money in my account. I have logged on to my account via laptop and the funds are still there I just can’t see my balance on the app on my phone. Is anyone having the same problem and is there a fix. By the way this only happened after I updated the PayPal app, this is a really poor interface and when opening the app it doesn’t even ask for Touch ID like it used to even though it is still active.

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

tomjones50

Me too!

Makes the app pointless, I only use it to check the balance and transfer money to my current account, now I can not do either!

Tom

Login to Me Too

78jcra1g
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the tip, business app is working perfectly. Thanks
Login to Me Too

CDeane
Contributor
Contributor
It’s now working again for me in the UK. Seemed to have been fixed late hours of 21st Sept (balance now showing and can withdraw funds via the app) and I’ve noticed that I can pay for stuff via PayPal without a notification that a pop up has been blocked and having to log in manually. Hopefully this debacle is over and we can go back to the easy use of the PayPal we’d all got used to.
Login to Me Too

stevetd
Contributor
Contributor

same here 👍

Login to Me Too

DeeD3
Contributor
Contributor
Mine has mysteriously appeared this morning. Thank goodness as I had payments going in there today. Not a word of apology from Paypal though
Login to Me Too

Junyar
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issue. Noticed after I updated the PayPal app (also updated to iOS 13 Using iPhone XS). I’m also seeing a notification that I have to link a “bank or card” even though I have a bank and credit card already linked. PayPal app is frustrating to use after the latest upgrade.
Login to Me Too

felleg
Same for me, on Android after updating, the balance is gone. When going to paypal.com using my browser, the balance shows fine at least!
Login to Me Too

LishMay80
Contributor
Contributor
Same hear on Android. Just tried app no balance showing no wallet or tranfer funds option. Tried web page and it's all there. Really annoyed!!
Login to Me Too

Bobsled
Contributor
Contributor

Clearly an app developer made a boo boo. But like so many of them, they go awfully silent after making a mistake. Expect a fix soon, but with no apology for the stupid mistake. Yes, I need to see my balance. But I would like to see a response from PayPal on this thread. It is glaring by its absence.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.