PayPal and their plethora of lies

dlschuch
Contributor
Contributor

You know if PayPal did not do so many underhanded things without explanation, I actually would leave my money in there using PayPal funds to pay for purchases. But because of this nasty business that seems to be more the rule than the exception, I transfer EVERYTHING to my Bank of America account, even if it is only $1.

How many of you have had your funds withheld this month after having no problem excluding the probationary period?

Folks with exemplary track records? Just out of the blue, OOPS time to withhold Dianne's funds. She doesn't need them and even if she does, we feel we need them more. Or we just want to **bleep** with her.

So when regulatory committees put it to a vote that Money launderers like Paypal need to be regulated, this is why.

I called eBay, asked why they were withholding my money and they answered "It is not us it's PayPal". Because I didn't want to sit on the phone after wading thru that phone tree of illogical choices, I asked the eBay 'team member' if they could see any reason "Nope, your account is fine, no issues, I suggest you call PayPal, maybe its an outside place you are selling from ... or something of that nature". 

Nope, its only eBay for me.

So I called PP and first got the standard 'policy' answers

"We do that because sometimes there is an issue with the seller" 

NOPE that ship has sailed. I already proved my reputation in that area. 

So why after 3 months of giving me my funds immediately are you with holding my funds?

"The customer has not received the package but when they do ..."

Man Indifferent WAIT! STOP!!! I just told you I have been getting my funds immediately, do not preach policy to me, I am not in that class any longer

Why after 3 months of giving me my funds immediately are you with holding my funds? 

"After 21 days or 24 hours after the customer leaves positive feedback ..."

Man Sad STOP THAT!!! stop preaching policy

Why after 3 months of giving me my funds immediately are you with holding my funds?"

"We cant seem to find the tracking information on this item..."

Man Surprised WRONG! I am staring at the tracking right now, I can tell you it is literally at the customer's front door, but again, that does not answer my question

"Why after 3 months of giving me my funds immediately are you with holding my funds?"

"You did not send the item out until March 13..."

Man Mad WHAT THE... ARE YOU CRAZY! TODAY IS THE 13TH, but again, that does not answer my question

"Why after 3 months of giving me my funds immediately are you with holding my funds?"

"You did not enter the tracking number until March 13th ...."

Smiley Mad Oh, are you referring to the tracking number not even 15 seconds ago you claim was not even there? The reason it shows I entered it TODAY IS BECAUSE I CAME HERE ON PAYPAL AND SAW THEY WERE STILL WITHHOLDING FUNDS SO I TRIED TO ENTER AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN. EVEN THOUGH I NEVER HAD TO DO THAT BEFORE, HOWEVER,  that does not answer my question!!!

"Once the customer enters good feedback......"

Smiley Embarassed For the love of A HIGHER POWER STOP THAT. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? DON'T YOU RIGHT NOW WISH YOU WERE WORKING FOR A DRUG CARTEL INSTEAD OF PAYPAL? Something easier, less complicated and more honest?

"Can you please hold"

Que the Music please:

So +Do So -Do So +Do So ... So +Do So +Do Mi Re Do Ti La (F)La So +Do So -Do So +Do So ... +Do La So Fa Mi Re Do

Waiting ...waiting ....waiting...

CLICK Man Mad Cat Mad Robot Mad Smiley Mad Woman Mad

Disconnect

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlschuch

You were probably talking to a call centre lad reading from a script.

He does not make paypal policy so couldn't really give you an answer so its not really nice to be rude to him.

I can give you a few reasons from experience on here, but not sure it will help or not.

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold possibly are >>>

1. New seller.
2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.
3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.
4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.
6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dlschuch
Contributor
Contributor

non of the above. i do not have anything to sell on my site right now because i need my funds in order to continue

@kernowlasswrote:

@dlschuch

You were probably talking to a call centre lad reading from a script.

He does not make paypal policy so couldn't really give you an answer so its not really nice to be rude to him.

I can give you a few reasons from experience on here, but not sure it will help or not.

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold possibly are >>>

1. New seller.
2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.
3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.
4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.
6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

2. last sale 6 days ago

3. no bad ratings

4. no buyer disputes

5, only selling on one site

5. last item sold was thread as opposed to dolls, but the price was equal, or maybe even less.

but thankyou for answering

Login to Me Too

dlschuch
Contributor
Contributor

They gave me my money after I reminded them of the Texas statute regarding this practice

However, one of your bullet points applied.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlschuch

Well I did state the reasons 'possibly are'.......those were examples that I knew about and often help folks find out the reason (but not always) as I can't know all the reasons Ebay apply the hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DougU4
New Community Member

Hello Potential PayPal Users.  BUYERS AND SELLERS:  BEWARE OF USING PAYPAL!!

As former CEO of a Class C US Corporation, we had a horrible experience when our buyer used PayPal to purchase medical equipment going to Guam, a US Territory.  The buyer paid using PayPal to able to earn the awards associated with the credit card they used.  They are a good client and we had never had a problem with them.

The funds were allotted to PayPal immediately yet they would not release them to us.  We had faithfully shipped the medical equipment and provided all required shipping documents to the buyer, and a few days later to PayPal when they refused to credit our account with the funds.  
     At this point, an obviously manufactured "run-around" began when interfacing with PayPal.  We were given excuse after excuse for why the funds were not released, none of which were viable in terms of accepted business practices in the USA.  

To make a long story short, PayPal withheld over $130,000.00 US Dollars for over 90 days, well after the customer received their equipment in good order.  AS A SELLER, they did not protect us and we finally had to get an attorney involved to finally have the funds released.  I do not know what PayPal did with our funds for over 90 days, but have to wonder.

Login to Me Too

Shroffy77
New Community Member
I've contacted the financial ombudsmen and seeking legal advise. It's got to be criminal what they are doing. And they lies they tell are ridiculous. They tell me to wait 72hrs. 72hrs pass and still no money. My advise....don't use paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.