PayPal Instant Transfer Canada - Supporting Bank and Eligible Cards

alirao
New Community Member

Hello everyone ,

just a few days ago PayPal rolled out the service of instant transfer of funds from a Canadian PayPal account to banks in Canada.  Thanks for the much-needed service. Upon linking my Visa debit card I was informed via a popup message by PayPal that "the card has been successfully linked however your bank does not support instant transfer".  So now I am left wondering which out of the five major Canadian Banks support the instant transfer.  If someone can help me out with this. 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alirao 

All I can find out is that this was launched a few days ago and for now, the new offering is available to what PayPal called an “early access group of PayPal customers, with plans to be released across Canada in the coming months. So if it is not available to you now, it hasn't been rolled out to a majority of users just yet. It's really the Visa Direct network itself that's doling the service out, not any particular select banks with PayPal relying on The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC to move money to bank accounts. No specific banks were mentioned.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alirao 

All I can find out is that this was launched a few days ago and for now, the new offering is available to what PayPal called an “early access group of PayPal customers, with plans to be released across Canada in the coming months. So if it is not available to you now, it hasn't been rolled out to a majority of users just yet. It's really the Visa Direct network itself that's doling the service out, not any particular select banks with PayPal relying on The Clearing House Payments Co. LLC to move money to bank accounts. No specific banks were mentioned.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kennedyj10
Contributor
Contributor
Any update? it has been a few months and RBC is still saying ineligable.
Login to Me Too

Fets198
New Community Member
Still the same with Visa Desjardins. not able to transfer my $$$ to my CCard
Login to Me Too

tbaymyhome
Contributor
Contributor

RBC Royal Bank of Canada don't support Instant Transfers for RBC Virtual Visa Debit card.

Its designed for online shopping website only. I don't think so.

I do tested my TD Canada and Scotiabank Visa Debit cards that instant transferred worked well.

Login to Me Too

Hakstar
New Community Member
My TD and Scotia debit cards didn’t work.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.