PayPal Glitch Holds Funds From Sellers

meelb
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has admitted they've got a glitch in their system that will not allow funds to be released, even if the shipped items have been received by buyers. 2 days ago via phone, they instructed me, the seller, to contact the buyer to request he access his own PayPal account via web browser (not the PP app) and click that the item was received. Until the buyer does so, I won't have access to those funds. Is there really no way PayPal can release the funds?

See details below:

• Package was timely sent from seller in USA to buyer in USA. 
  • Shipping method was USPS Registered Mail, Signature Confirmation, Return Receipt Electronic. 
  • Package was tracked properly and delivery confirmed by USPS Sept. 26, 2018. Signature confirmation is now recorded in USPS digital records.
  • PayPal told me they have a glitch within their own I.T. system, of which PP is aware and trying to remedy. 
  • PayPal assured me there is no problem with accounts of seller or buyer or eBay. The hold on funds problem is NOT a standard multi-day hold situation.
  • Contacting eBay will not help b/c PayPal is solely responsible for the problem. 
  • Paypal stated the funds should have been released 1 day after USPS delivery confirmation. 
  • At this time, my only option is to request the buyer manually confirm receipt of items by clicking somewhere on his own PayPal account. I've emailed the buyer but he's not responsive.
  • PayPal stated the buyer cannot confirm receipt via the PayPal app. Manually confirming receipt of parcel is only possible via web browser access of the buyer's PayPal account. 
  • Until the buyer confirms receipt of package, I have no access to the funds on hold with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

can he mark received on EBAY?

I KNOW seller can mark shipped.

the reason I ask is may be once he marked received on Ebay,it would pass on to Paypal/

Login to Me Too

meelb
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal phone rep said eBay cannot do anything to solve the problem because the glitch was created by PayPal on PayPal's I.T. system. Tracking confirmations are already recorded in PayPal's system and eBay's system. Buyer's signature is also recorded. Everything is verifiable. 

This is a very vulnerable position for a seller who's always conducted business in good faith and with 100% positive reviews since becoming an eBay/PayPal customer almost 5 years ago. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.