PayPal Balance

rywni

Hello friends,

I've been using paypal for years now, but I've been having trouble with paypal balance. The situation is - my friend wants to send me some money on paypal - which will go to my paypal balance, now I've been googling and seeing people having trouble spending that actual balance. I tried setting up my preferred method of paying online as 'paypal balance' but I get an error saying: "This can't be used as your preferred way to pay online. Choose a different payment method." - now I don't know if that's because I don't have any money in paypal balance or something else. I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina and I wanted to clear that up before I receive any money. I usually use paypal for ebay purchases and so on, so I wanted to ask if anyone can help me with my situation. If I receive money, will I be able to spend my paypal balance (for example on eBay), because when checking out on eBay it doesn't show any other option than my credit card which is attached to it (no pp balance - perhaps because I have none?), and will I be able to send that money to someone if need be - so it doesn't take the money from my linked card, but from the balance.

If anyone can help I would be really thankful, cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rywni 

Your received PayPal balance funds will have to be withdrawn automatically and you can not send money using PayPal balance:

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rywni 

Your received PayPal balance funds will have to be withdrawn automatically and you can not send money using PayPal balance:

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Login to Me Too

rywni

Hello @sharpiemarker ,

Thanks for the quick response. I've read the article, so there is no way of me keeping that balance on Paypal? If i understood it right I'll have to withdraw it to a bank account (and it says a US bank account, not my countries bank account-rather mine). It didn't say anything about purchasing online but I'm assuming that's the case aswell that I can't spend it (example on eBay)? And the balance can only be used if you have an US paypal account (without withdrawing it - actually spending it or sending it to someone)?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rywni 

There is no way for you to keep the money in your balance. PayPal is obligated to automatically withdraw it. You can have the funds withdrawn to a visa card issued in your country.

Yes it does say you can not spend the PayPal balance, read #7 in the article. Read the whole article.

If you live in Bosnia & Herzegovina, you cannot open a US PayPal account unless you have a residence and financial details based in the US. 

If you try to unlawfully go around these rules/guidelines, your accounts can be permanently suspended and you can no longer use PayPal. Or if you do not agree with the rules/guidelines, you have every right to close your account.

Login to Me Too

rywni

@sharpiemarker 

Ah I see, yeah I know I cannot open a US Paypal account.. too bad. Thank you for your time and fast responses, you've helped me quite a bit.

Login to Me Too

NiseSlo
New Community Member

You do NOT need to withdraw your funds.  I keep a running balance. It's like an interest free loan to PP. That's one of their options for paying for purchases.... keep a running balance. I've done it for years.

Login to Me Too

Ritvan1
Contributor
Contributor

Jacquelou
Contributor
Contributor
How transfer my PayPal tO Gcash
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.