Pay pal funds held for 72 hours (withdrawal to bank account)

Scotsbhoy1967
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold my first item on e bay and was told about the new sellers money hold , after a long chat they agreed to this one time release the funds in 24hours , it ended up taking more than 2 days and a few calls but to be fair they did release it. I then tried to withdraw it to My bank account and blam “this could take up to 72 hours because of security review” I’ve spoken pay pal customer service a few times and been told different reasons and timeframes everytime , I’ve read up on here and it seems most ppl have had to wait till the 72nd hour exactly? My question is has anyone had it sooner? And why do Paypal say “up to 72hours” when judging by reports on here and by a couple of the customer service ppl I spoke to they know the exact time and date it will be released, all highly suspicious imo. Any replies would be a great help , it’s my first time asking a question, many thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.