Pay Pal robbed me how to sue

IvanKurilkin
Contributor
Contributor

When I registered on this site, I accidentally indicated the United States, although I have a Russian passport. But the documents were requested from me for verification, I sent and THEY ACCEPTED MY DOCUMENTS and registered me as a US citizen. I received money on my account and transferred it, but now I cannot withdraw money as I am not a citizen of the USA !!!!! What should I do!!! The family is waiting for the transfer! I was robbed !!! HOW TO GIVE IN COURT ??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IvanKurilkin 

Sorry but if you open a U.S account and not one in your own country then you would never be able to verify it or withdraw funds from it.

The funds belong to a person with your name that resides in the U.S.

If you provided documentation then it may have been proof of name that was requested, depends what they asked for.

Only if they requested address verification you would have failed.

Not sure that its paypals fault that you opened up a paypal account for the wrong country?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IvanKurilkin 

Sorry but if you open a U.S account and not one in your own country then you would never be able to verify it or withdraw funds from it.

The funds belong to a person with your name that resides in the U.S.

If you provided documentation then it may have been proof of name that was requested, depends what they asked for.

Only if they requested address verification you would have failed.

Not sure that its paypals fault that you opened up a paypal account for the wrong country?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IvanKurilkin
Contributor
Contributor

The fact is that I tried to change the country of residence. Then why THEY VERIFY ME? DON'T REFUSAL ??? the more I have transferred money !!!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IvanKurilkin 

The proper way to change residence is to just open a new PayPal account in the correct country.

Foreigners have opened US PayPal accounts before and they just need to have a presence/residence in the US and PayPal will accept foreign passport to verify identity in these cases. But if you tried to withdraw, you'll need a US bank account.

IF you can't withdraw funds to a US bank account, you can send the money to a PayPal account that you opened with the correct country. After that, you can close the US PayPal account. 

Now if you're stuck because you have to verify billing address it's best you contact customer service and explain what happened:

Please contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.