Paid the debt but account is still at negative balance

luneedshelp
New Community Member
I sent my friend 140 CAD on December 17th. I didn't have enough money in my bank account when it went through so I had a negative balance. No biggie. Went to my bank and put more money into my account and a few days later, on December 24th, PayPal simply took the 140 from my bank account. Easy. But I looked at my PayPal balance today and it still says that I have a negative balance of the 140, despite the fact that 140 has left my bank account and PayPal took the money. How can I get PayPal to remove the negative balance from my account? Tried calling their customer service number and was only greeted by their call bot.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@luneedshelp

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

But if you are 'adding' funds to your paypal balance yourself then its you that takes the wait and I think in your country its about a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.