PP*4599CODE

Ploppies
Contributor
Contributor

I am confused by an debit and credit on my bank account from Paypal which quotes these numbers?letters.  Can anyone tell me what they mean?  It is only £1 in and out again but it isn't something I can tie in with my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ploppies,

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding the activity on your bank account. Did you recently add a card or bank account to your PayPal account? That charge is used to confirm the bank account or card for use on the PayPal system. The refund of the charge happens when the code is entered in the PayPal system to confirm. If you did not participate in linking and confirming a bank or credit card, please contact PayPal by phone to have a representative search to see if anyone else has used your card or bank account number on a PayPal account. If someone else was able to successfully confirm a financial credential on an account, that bank or card has likely been compromised. You may need to have the information changed by the issuing bank and change your banking password if that's the case.

To contact PayPal by phone, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then Call as a guest or log in.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ploppies
Contributor
Contributor

That is great thank you.  

Mystery solved.

Susan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.