PAYPAL WON'T LET ME WITHDRAW MY MONEY!!

YSoSeriousMax

I Have been using paypal for a few months, processing transactions as i run an online business and this is my only source of income. Bu for the past two weeks whenever i go to withdraw my money for some reason it says i am not able to and i should try again later. I've tried to contact paypal through phone but it is useless as none of their customer service representatives pick up and only the pre-recorded voice message that keeps playing. I tried emailing them, but it keeps telling me its been blocked by thier internal security system! Frankly, this is not the time for paypal's system to be disappointing people like this, with all this crisis going on i am very dissapointed and all i want now is to withdraw my money and go to another service.

Please i'm begging you, if anyone was solved this please could you tell me how you did it, and what i should do??

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @YSoSeriousMax 

Thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the
pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.

There are several factor why you are unable to withdraw money from your PayPal account. Could be a limitation placed on your account or you may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity. Your debit card or bank account may not be eligible to process Instant Transfer or our security system may have detected unusual activity.

If the transfer to your bank account still doesn’t go through, try:
-Linking an eligible debit card and transferring money using this card.
-Linking a bank account and transferring money using this account.
-Getting a PayPal Cash card for direct access to your PayPal account balance.
-Requesting a check to be mailed to you (there is a fee for check withdrawals).

*Though multiple attempts may still trigger the security program, I may suggest to try doing the transaction maybe after a couple of days.

Hope this helps but if you may need further assistance, you may try reaching out to us by:

1. Logging in.
2. Click HELP at the top menu.
3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US. 

Or contact via social media:
Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/paypal
Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Other way around is to try contacting us via Chat Support

I know that it's frustrating to be in this situation at times like this but I hope you and your family are doing well.

Stay safe and take care.

Login to Me Too

Frustrated115
Contributor
Contributor
I smell bs. I have a PayPal cash card and it's still not letting me WITHDRAW my own money. A dying platform indeed. Shame.
Login to Me Too

nickr80
Contributor
Contributor

I have emailed and completed a survey and tried the online chat.

It apears that you people do not care and hold onto cash to gain

interest from it. As soon as I get my money to my bank account

which is; "available" I am GONE. I have also got a legal advisor

looking into this.

Your service is a case of; "they need us so we can do what we like"

well... you can't.

Let us vote with our feet people. Pleanty of other online cash services out there!

I wouldn't be surprised if they "held" this message so they can study it.

Login to Me Too

Brittadams1212
Contributor
Contributor

It has done the exact same thing to me two different times now.  The first time it was for that much money, maybe $500 if I remember correctly, but this time it is almost $3,500 and my grandmother had sent me the money to help with an emergency!!!! I have tried every single step that they have suggested!  I do not see how PayPal is still a thing, I believe if it was not for Ebay they would be a loss cause.  I will withdrawl this money and bounce.  This is pitiful.  They should be ashamed of themselves there are other ways to prevent fraud, etc.  Whatever they claim to be preventing.  This is complete bs, I wonder if they have had an EMERGENCY?!?!?!?!?!

Login to Me Too

Ann241
Contributor
Contributor
Also having this problem I received £290 from my Daughters dance school as a weekend event we had booked had to be cancelled due to covid and was really needing the money to help me and my children during this time but will not let me withdraw I withdraw very often with no issues
Login to Me Too

lalapolishes
New Community Member

Same issue here. They won't let me withdraw my money and when I contact customer support I get the same answer. It's as if they simply copy and paste the same message into every email. No one is able to provide clear answers. Some of us are simply just trying to feed our families and having no access to these funds has been incredibly difficult. I am for sure letting everyone know to not work with Paypal for this very reason. All of my customers received their packages and they all were given tracking information. 

Login to Me Too

hired
New Community Member

The date of issue is 31 Mar 2020. Has this been solved by now?

I have the same problem since I started receiving money in June 2020, till today on 3 August 2020 I still can not withdraw into my bank accounts, I tried to withdraw as little as £50 as well, but it did not go though.

I was occasionally able to use the some of the "available" fund for purchasing on third party websites for me, though.

Login to Me Too

nickr80
Contributor
Contributor

Money was placed on hold "again" - and it's passed 21 days.

My solicitior is writing to PayPal in the next week or so.

So PayPal have a bit of time to sort it before I go to

court and get 10 fold back through damages.

Login to Me Too

My country Kenya, with MPESA(local ewallet) has partnered with PayPal for withdrawal. Every time I try to withdraw am told to contact PayPal it's been weeks and I have not received any proper response.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.