PAYPAL SHUTS ENTIRE ACCOUNT DOWN FOR A PAYMENT ON HOLD!!!

JOHNOZ1
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL SHUT MY ACCOUNT DOWN FOR A PAYMENT ON HOLE. They stated 21 day wait for payment to clear.. Then they stated i would be responsible for the 104.00 fee if i refund payment to get account open again. So being charged for services that were not performed. Meanwhile they get the interest on the deposit. I understand holding back a deposit but to shut down my account is totally wrong. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JOHNOZ1 

First, please don't be jealous over the interest because PayPal is not a bank that accepts "deposits" like a bank but they have to be regulated like one somehow cause can't have them run amok can we? If you want to be paid interest please put money in a proper bank as an aside to assuage your jealousy.

Second, the 21-day hold is for accounts new at receiving payments or if tenured account, for unusual transactions unlike their normal patterns of activity. These are all run by software and hard coded so they can't be overridden in general by customer service.

To get funds released sooner, do this:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided in the transaction.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

1. Log on to PayPal account.

2. Click Activity at the top of the page.

3. Find and click the payment transaction.

4. Click Confirm Receipt.

5. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.'

Third, why they permanently limited or shut down your account is anyone's guess...perhaps you're making such a fuss about the hold and harassing the PayPal employees that PayPal decided to no longer provide you services.

If funds are on hold, they are temporarily unavailable for use so funds for refunding will be deducted from your PayPal balance to issue the refund, which if you do no have funds in it, nor a bank account linked to fund the "refund", it will be in negative balance therefore you would in effect owe PayPal $104 for the refund until the held funds are released. Then you'll be able to withdrawal the funds when the funds are available for withdrawal. Even Steven.

Four, perhaps if you call back PayPal and smooth things over, they may reconsider reinstating your account. Yes, it gets complicated using PayPal sometimes and its partly things beyond our control and within our control...like knowing how PayPal accounts work.

Please read the Help documentation because it is the PayPal account owners manual:

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

To contact customer service for further assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Under two percent interest isn’t making PayPal wealthy. 

You gave us no reason for the account closure and PayPal should have given you a reason. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

Paypal never give a reason, they just tell you that you have violated their policies in some way.

They do not have to give a reason as per the user agreement. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Right but they didn’t state that it was for a user violation or not adhering to terms.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

Well if it wasn't for one of those 2 options the account would still be open.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

But why not tell the user which option they violated?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

No idea, ask them?

All I can say is that they never do tell you the exact reason they just say you have violated one of their policies.

Weird I know but thats strangely how they work. Not all their policies make sense  🤔

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.