PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I added my new debit card to my PayPal account and verified my ACH transfers with the same bank the debit card is with. I then requested PayPal to transfer my $50 balance from my PayPal wallet to my debit card and paid the $0.25 fee to have it transferred within 30 minutes. As soon as I clicked complete PayPal notified me that my transfer is under review via email saying - "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review your transfer request. This process can take up to 24 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and then the regular withdrawal timeframe (about 30 mins) will then take effect. We'll email you as soon as we have an update." (No further emails since they've sent this one...)

Is there any way I can help resolve this issue and receive my money? I also have an additional $45 that I want to transfer to my debit card. If I try to transfer that to my debit card now will that also get bumped into a security review since the 1st one is still under review? Anyone have any idea how long this is going to take? So far I've been disappointed with how long every transaction I try to do on PayPal takes! It used to be instantaniously for mostly everything but lately all my transactions hit a dang block of some sort. It makes me look into other services moving forward.I called PayPal and waited on hold for 30 minutes to see if I personally talked to an agent maybe they can help verify that it is my personal debit card and I requested the transfer so there is no need to place a hold on my money for security reasons. The agent told me there's nothing I can do and that it can actually take up to 72 hours(!!) to resolve through their system.

edit - tried to transfer my remaining $45 and same thing happened. ANOTHER security hold. Called paypal again and they could not give me any answers they act completely clueless! Tried to blame it on my bank and this time told me it may take DAYS to get my money. Made ZERO sense with what she was saying. I called my bank and everything is gravy on their end. This is all paypal being shady af. Unhelpful. Stupid. Unintuative. 

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Carl2481

What do you consider to be your legal options.

Login to Me Too

Carl2481
Contributor
Contributor
Thats gotta be the most forked tongued response i have ever gotten.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Carl2481

I was only responding to your comment which I assumed was intended to be a serious comment about legal options.

Your most recent comment, however, implies you have NO legal options that you are considering.

Login to Me Too

hungersux
this whole thread ...and where are the volunteer advisors? the paypal autorepliers?? where oh where and what sayeth them?? crickets chirping. Not that any of them are ever useful.... their strategy is simply to ask questions ...as if they will consider a response....but never a response. Autoreply AI in here only. Just a bunch of brainless bots throwing bread on the water watching the mullet jump around. They get a kick outa **bleep** people over...isn't that obvious by now? Watching cats die, watching humans suffer and die as well...they're loving every minute of it on the big screen ...laughing at everyone's misery and dispair. They don't need your money or care...they cater to the stealthers and the overseas import fakers...notice there are always plenty PLENTY of them around dominating ebay sales... with no problem getting their funds obviously....but alas if u use your real name, real details...boom they got another sucker to play mind games on and watch die slowly while they eat their popcorn and laugh at the suckers buying in to the bs dream of running their own company.
Login to Me Too

Donald8
For the last two weeks I have been transferring money every from PayPal account to my bank account via the debit card option. Yesterday I transfer some money from PayPal to debit card and it says under 24 hour review. So I called PayPal and ask and the lady didn’t have much information for me. She did refund my 0.25$ since it took longer than expected lol but she said my next transfer will be fine and wouldn’t be under review. So I go ahead and transfer some more money about 4 hours later and BAM! Under 24 hour review again, this is so frustrating not being able to use money that is mine! They should not be able to hold money for a long period of time. This is such an inconvenient and will most likely not use PayPal anymore!
Login to Me Too

Tompnoid
Contributor
Contributor
Imma tell you like this I will take my $300,000 worth of business annually elsewhere. This is **bleep**ing **bleep**. 24 hours for what it is my money you are holding if I am forced to miss out on business I will file a lawsuit for loss of profit and customers due to your inability to conduct yourselves professionally.
Login to Me Too

Jklim
Same has happened to me. Useless people working here. I will prob not use them in the future. Ruined my whole day and hrs wrapped up in this.
Login to Me Too

ndpaprika

This situation is a total mess.  What is the point of having a "verified" account with Paypal if we are going to get security holds like this for transferring our own money to our bank?  I have had a "verified" account with Paypal for as long as I can remember - and now you're worried about me transferring my own money to my bank?  Guess I'll be looking for another provider.

Login to Me Too

Ellisbh
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me today. I am so angry right now bc I have friends in a medical crisis and they need this money. If I wanted to wait 24 hours I would’ve sent it overnight FedEx. I thought the whole point of PayPal what is the simplicity of being able to transfer money and like NDpapricka said, we already had our accounts verified so why is there an issue. There has got to be something else going on for all of these people to have security holds. You can read complaints all over the Internet about this problem. I wish I had read them before hand because I would’ve never used PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Whoward1
Contributor
Contributor
I am yet another customer with a security hold on money being transferred to my debit card. I’ve used PayPal to make purchases using my linked debit card for quite a long time now. Hundreds of transactions without the first problem. However, the first time I am owed money, suddenly there is a need for a security hold. I ask what exactly is being checked? No one has contacted me! After reading all these posts I’m certain no one will contact me. I understand the need to be proactive in reducing fraud but what they are doing is not that at all. It’s obvious they are earning interest on the money as it even states so under the User Agreement. I only wish I had read that before attempting to withdraw my money. Obviously complaining on a PayPal sponsored discussion board isn’t going to somehow make them change this practice. If it were only me this has happened to I would probably just drop the issue. Since I couldn’t get any answers from the so called customer service I was forced to research the issue and what I found was thousands of dissatisfied customers with the same issue. This has prompted me to contact my state representative’s office, the attorney general’s office and the office that issued PayPal their license to operate in my state. I urge you all to do the same. To find the office you need to contact for your state simply look under license on the PayPal app or website.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.