PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I added my new debit card to my PayPal account and verified my ACH transfers with the same bank the debit card is with. I then requested PayPal to transfer my $50 balance from my PayPal wallet to my debit card and paid the $0.25 fee to have it transferred within 30 minutes. As soon as I clicked complete PayPal notified me that my transfer is under review via email saying - "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review your transfer request. This process can take up to 24 hours. If it passes our review, we'll release it and then the regular withdrawal timeframe (about 30 mins) will then take effect. We'll email you as soon as we have an update." (No further emails since they've sent this one...)

Is there any way I can help resolve this issue and receive my money? I also have an additional $45 that I want to transfer to my debit card. If I try to transfer that to my debit card now will that also get bumped into a security review since the 1st one is still under review? Anyone have any idea how long this is going to take? So far I've been disappointed with how long every transaction I try to do on PayPal takes! It used to be instantaniously for mostly everything but lately all my transactions hit a dang block of some sort. It makes me look into other services moving forward.I called PayPal and waited on hold for 30 minutes to see if I personally talked to an agent maybe they can help verify that it is my personal debit card and I requested the transfer so there is no need to place a hold on my money for security reasons. The agent told me there's nothing I can do and that it can actually take up to 72 hours(!!) to resolve through their system.

edit - tried to transfer my remaining $45 and same thing happened. ANOTHER security hold. Called paypal again and they could not give me any answers they act completely clueless! Tried to blame it on my bank and this time told me it may take DAYS to get my money. Made ZERO sense with what she was saying. I called my bank and everything is gravy on their end. This is all paypal being shady af. Unhelpful. Stupid. Unintuative. 

Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to transfer the remaining $45 to my debit card and now BOTH transactions are under review. Who can I contact to resolve this? Please! I really need this money. It is MY money.

Login to Me Too

nicolekristine
Contributor
Contributor

I just called again and the PayPal customerf service agent literally made NO SENSE with what she was saying!! She was just putting random phrases together about banks and hold going in circles saying it was my banks fault when it clearly says on my account that PayPal is the one holding my money for review. I WILL NEVER use PayPal after this for absolutely ANYTHING ever again!! Why can't I get any help from PayPal? I need my money! I need answers! 

EDIT - I went ahead and called my bank just to confirm. My bank says they show nothing from PayPal and that my debit card is working just fine. This means 100% it is PayPal holding my funds from me for no reason. Their little deadlines mean nothing as well! I am going to warn everybody about using PayPal. I will start an internet cruisade if I do not get my money today.

Login to Me Too

Wmcomer
This happened to me when I tried to transfer my RENT that is time sensitive and Customer Service says nothing can be done, your money is basically taken and held by them for EXACTLY 24hours (verbage leads you to believe it could be before but it’s exacrly a 24-hr hold). Absolute ludacris practice, @PayPal it is not YOUR money to re-direct to your internal security system and take out of our account and then not have any way to reverse the transfer or expedite the security review process. Insane!!! I hate PayPal now. The branch manager said “PayPal focuses on security, not timeliness”— then make that VERY clear to your users that any transfer could be held for 24-72hrs for security review so we can decide if the risk is worth taking, especially if the transfer is time sensitive for some of us, which is very common! PS: I want my f****** 25¢ reimbursed because my transfer wasn’t “In a matter of minutes!”
Login to Me Too

LEAHNEW
Contributor
Contributor
If you even was ever able to use your money again then you're lucky because they have not giving me mine at all they just keep on telling me to send it and then I had to wait 24 hours and it comes right back to my account because they said I have an internal security hold on my funds because I tried to receive my funds so please be careful trying to get your money this is a sick criminal company
Login to Me Too

LEAHNEW
Contributor
Contributor
This is the exact same thing that's happened to me word for word they are criminals we all need to get together and file lawsuits on them I'm filing my small claims court lawsuit already got my lawyer this is against the law every time you call them they tell you to keep trying to send it and then they say oh it's all your fault because you kept on trying to send it or send it to a card or to a bank but every time you call them they act like they don't know there's no problem they send you to the card company and in the car company send you them and then when it all comes to a head and you're flipping out on them they say that there's nothing they can do about it and that you can send it back to the people you got it from or just let it sit there until maybe one day you're able to spend it again what they're doing is they are using our money building interest on it and they're trying to force us to take their new card that they're putting out on the market it's a new PayPal card they're trying to get rid of everybody else they are criminals and we all need to sue them the same time
Login to Me Too

Ericajane0815
Contributor
Contributor
OMGOODNESS!!! YES!!!! HOW IS THIS PLACE STILL IN BUSINESS? IM LIVID!!😫😫😫😈
Login to Me Too

Savannah58
Contributor
Contributor

yes.! I feel like they are using our money for interest but give us none I have said this from the beginning!  we sold our range rover truck through paypal for $14,000 and had to wait 10 days for our account limitations to be lifted, once lifted everytime we tried to purchase online it wouldn't go through and paypal would say its because we don't have a pattern and the security system was flagged , HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO HAVE A PATTERN IF WE CANT START ONE!? on top of that we tried to withdrawl $5,000 (wich is our weekly limit I didn't know they were a budgeting company)  and the security system flagged it and held our money for review for 72 hours everytime we call they just put the blame on there security system or tell us if we trust the buyer we can send the money back to them and be payed in cash, or they tell us we can always withrdaw the $500 from Walmart a day ,WE WANT OUR 14,000 NOT 500 A DAY FROM WALMART! when we tried the instant transfer to our debit card it was also held under review and they tried to blame our bank after talking with 3 different paypal costumer service agents I demanded to see the proof they had that it was the bank holding the transaction up and they said well actually it isn't the bank its  our security syetem , something needs to be done they cant just play with peoples money like this I will never use paypal again after I get the remaining money bout of my account its like you have to beg and bother just to get your money back in little payments its such a hassle and so stressfull.

Login to Me Too

vwah
Contributor
Contributor

did it work after 72 hours? I'm in a similar situation and have gotten the same advice from their customer service. 

Login to Me Too

Kurczak1
Contributor
Contributor
I have same issues over 2 weeks already and still can not get my money, I was needed bto close my business because of them ! They put me in so much trouble that I can't even explain ! My frustrations !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.