cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

Contributor

Re: pending debit card transfer withdrawal

I am running a business - I do not have time to sit on hold for hours on end with a "helpdesk" that does not seem to exist.

Highlighted

Horrible customer service that only repeats that they are allowed to hold your money. Wondering if anyone report it elsewhere?

Contributor

Same here, I have transferred literally thousands of dollars through the PayPal system and there has never, ever, been a problem.  I went to transfer money in my bank and got the news that they are putting it on "review" for 72 hours.  Hereby they are acting like a bank, this is not allowed by law.  PayPal is a payment processor, I paid 35 dollars in FEES to transfer money that is rightfully mine.  I understand that there is a delay of 2 - 3 business days to transfer to my account but PayPal will only transfer the money after the "review" is completed.

This is a way to extort money by taking interest on the money owed, I bet there is much more than a couple of million dollars in transactions a day globally on this platform.  Mind you the buyer of my product has 100% positive feedback on eBay and I have 100% positive feedback.  Imagine if you held 30 million (just throwing a number out there) and held that for 24 hours how much interest that would bring to the company?  On top of the fees that sellers pay.  It is simply not sustainable to build a business around this platform.  Oh, right, forgot to mention, I have been a PayPal user for 10 years!  And like this they willy nilly hold my money hostage without any probable reason.  The money was on hold for over 12 days while the shipment was in transit and got delivered, with tracking as required and delivered on the same day it was sold and with a signature on delivery.  And now PayPal just tags on another week, just because they flipping can, oh I did mention I paid 35 dollars for this "service" right?  Anyways, this is a forum, PayPal does not give one flying hoot about their FEES PAYING customers.  Have you actually tried to call the helpdesk?  Right... "help desk", "review"

Contributor

So it wasn't really exactly 24 hours😥🤔😳🤷💔....I'm awaiting release of funds as we speak😱😱😱...This is INSANITY 😈
Contributor

Same thing 745$ from my PayPal to my card they just told me after a week andsome change that it is my bank fault in like ok my bank is fine it's a new excuse everyday and there customer service has issues speaking English all ways story's this will be the last time I use PayPal holding 745$ like....
Contributor

Pending debit card transfer withdrawal

All of the sudden without warning my last 2 Withdraws were put on hold for security review. Customer service is absolutely no help at all and cannot even tell you what this so called security review is and how to avoid it. I called them and explained that I am with animal rescue and the money that is sent to me are donations for critically sick or injured animals to get emergency vet care and if we cannot withdraw the money then the pet cannot get the EMERGENCY VET CARE they need. Due to this hold 2 extremely sick cats did not get the EMERGENCY care they needed and 1 lost due to this hold. Paypal killed an 11 year old cat named Charlie. After Charlie's people of 11 years broke his heart by dumping him in a very high kill shelter like yesterdays trash without so much as even leaving his name because they could no longer be bothered with him. Paypal then did not give a crap about him and he died. I called Customer Service after Charlie died and explained this to them and the girl told me that my hold would be off in 1-2 hours. I told her if she could guarantee me that hold would be off then I could still get the other critically sick cat to the vet. She guaranteed it would be off so I took the cat to the vet 2 hours later. The hold was never taken off. I called Customer Service again this time talking to a supervisor and he could not explain this Security review or how to avoid it either. Evidently The President of the United States cannot even reverse a security review. Which I frankly consider major BS. Think about all the money going through Paypal on a daily basis and think about all the interest they can make by doing these 24 hr so called security reviews. Yes I am very mad. We are a 501C3 non profit rescue and I spoke to our attorney and from what he explained this is not legal. 1st they must tell you before they put a hold on your money and give you the option of not going forward with the withdraw knowing there will be a hold. They must explain what the review entails and must give you the results of the review. Not to mention this is my 2nd time in a row for this to happen within a week which is not legal. They are not contacting me to verify any information so exactly what is this review other than a scam to make money. Not only is Paypal responsible for a cats death due to the fact they did not honor their word a release the hold that was guaranteed it cost me an extra 350.00 at the vets office because we lost our rescue discount for non payment at time of service. We did not even have that much in donations. Most rescues use paypal to send and receive money and we are already banding together across the US to find an alternate solution and our attorney is working on Justice for Charlie and we will not stop. This security review is nothing more than a Greedy Company to make make money. In my opinion Paypal is headed for a huge class action law suit. RIP sweet Charlie. I am so sorry so many people let you down.
Contributor

Re: Pending debit card transfer withdrawal

@DonnaPFP First of all - sorry for the kitty, I love cats, well actually I love all animals because they are the only ones without sin.

I have just spoken to my banker, we had coffee together this morning.  I am opening a merchant account with the bank and no longer will be using PayPal no matter how much eBay promotes them.  You are right that this is a scam, as a payment processor they have to process the payment that we pay fees for, oh those fees are of course taken off immediately, sorry buddy that is ours, plus the "review" time of 72 hours (3 days) and their extra "careful" transmission of money that takes at least 4 business days, which makes them hold on the the free money for 7 additional business days which gives another 9 days of interest on money that is not even rightfully their money.  My banker was highly surprised to find out about this "review" and it was added recently to the terms and conditions.

Contributor

If I was you I would stop trying to receive it because basically if you try more than a couple you know once or twice they end up putting a serious security hold on it and you won't be able to do nothing with it and they'll never tell you how to get it out they'll tell you to send it back where it come from so just stop trying to use it and contact them and try to talk to a supervisor or something they do this to you for trying to spend your money they don't want you putting it on a prepaid card or sending it to a bank they are criminals they want you to leave it in their account or use it on their new debit card because that's going to be the advice I give you don't keep trying to use it even though they tell you to keep going in and trying to transfer the money over and over and over do not do it because you will end up getting internally locked out of your account from security and no one can get you unlocked from what they say
Contributor

Re: PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

I encountered this problem today. I was visiting my bf in texas. I hadn't seen him in 6 months n was unaware that he was suddenly addicted to heroin. The worst part is I didn't know until he beat me up the other night cause I said i wouldn't give him money and that I was leaving. He made off with everything. The police are involved. But so far I am stranded n without food or shelter in a state I don't know and know Noone. Some friends sent me money thru PayPal (so I could satay in a motel until they find my car) cause the only card he did not get was a prepaid visa I had only ever used in time and actually that was for a transfer from PayPal. To the card. I have actually only used PayPal twice. This being the second. And both for the same thing, using the same card. And they put my money on hold today because they said I had asked for a transaction that was unusual in my pattern therefore it's a security issue. I am furious. I will be shelter less again tonight all because they somehow belive out of 2 transaction total ever there's a pattern. Unreal. I will never use them again
Contributor

Re: PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

Hi Nicole Kristine, I was just wondering how long it ended up taking for the funds to be released to your debit card from PayPal? I’m having the same exact problem and I’m just trying to see how long it’s going to take for me. Was this matter ever resolved?