Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

Re: PAYPAL SECURITY HOLD ON TRANSFER/WITHDRAWAL

Last time i ever use paypal
Contributor

Have Paypal many years, always transfers dine 1-3days TOPS! Last few took 5 days and when I call PayPal they blane my bank and bank blames PayPal. Meanwhile I get charges fir overdraft by my bank . Think they are spliting the take with the companies I use auto-pay eith that come suspiciously (collusion ?) due EXACTLY on the day the hold is happening????
Tags (3)
Highlighted

Yeah, PayPal is full of **bleep**. While Apple Pay, Google pay, Cash app, and venmo take the spotlight. Paypal continues to be a **bleep** hole finant service. 2018 and instant bank transfers take 72 hours while all named services above take less than 20 minutes. I'm pulling the remainder of my funds out and I'll refuse to use PayPal again for any type of transaction. They'll truly a terrible company

I have just had the exact same thing happen to me when I decided to switch my Airbnb account over to PayPal thinking it would be quicker than the bank deposit. How stupid was I!! I have had PayPal for 10+ years, still same bank account and no changed details etc. After all your comments I won’t bother to ring them and I certainly will not be using them again for anything in the future! Do they forget that we actually pay them for this service? Well, lack of service. 2019 and plenty of other options now, let’s see how they like losing all our hard earned $$$
Contributor

Paying using paypal is instant because Paypal gains transfer fees. Transfering to bank takes 72 hours because they gain nothing. I've had paypal for 6 Months and my I've done £500+ withdrawal to bank multiple times over the 6 months. Today I tried withdrawing £42 and its says my transaction will be on hold for "12 Hours" which is a complete joke. How is this an unusal pattern?. I can bet anything it will be a 72 Hours hold and not 12 Hours as stated after I made the withdrawal. No point calling customer service at all because they will just say is its an unusual pattern, Banks fault, It should stop after you have completed a few withdrawal or your account information has changed. But I've done about 50+ withdrawal, how is it unsual when I've withdrawn higher amounts multiple times ,have never changed my details and there is nothing wrong with my bank. My bank is instant transfer unlike your con company. For a popular company that deals with 90% online transactions their customer service is a joke and can't understand half of them when im on the phone. Im from yorkshire and I can't understand Scottish, Irish , geordie or indian reps espically through a phone and they're talking so fast to try to deal with my case as fast as possible and move onto the next call.
Contributor

Another unhappy user here - never had problems withdrawing anything until today - was told it could take 3-5 hours whilst on the phone yet nothing.

Ill be closing my account after this.

Contributor

Ok after my last comment I recieved my funds within 12 Hours. Today I withdrawal £72 and it says I have to wait 72 Hours, I swear yo god there is problems after probles using Paypal. When will this end!!!!!!! Constonstant holds after holds. Its been like 1 Months and I've just been getting holds for almost 50+ transactions its just reddiculous. its a 1% chance of not getting holds on my account. FFS Paypal stop!!
Contributor

Same exact thing happened to me. She said it was a bank issue and when I said im calling my bank she said no need to because they won't see it in their system and told me if I do call them that I was not supposed to call paypal back. She said just wait the 24 hours. This is totally sketchy!!
Contributor

They let me transfer 100 pounds qnd qouldnt let me withdraw even a tenner 5 minutes later cos the same bs about security its a joke
Contributor

Same issue! I think its all fraud...its PayPals way of fraudulent holding on to our money longer for their own financial gain.....I smell a class action lawsuit coming on! Someone needs to hold them accountable for **bleep** so many of us over!